My Christmas Message

This week is Christmas. Over the next few days, many of us will be running around, trying to find last minute gifts. Some of us will be traveling long distances. Some of us will be sitting around chillaxin'. So, since this week will be so busy, I wanted to put my Christmas message out early, so that, one, I can have time to write it, and two, so you all can have time to read it. This message will be posted both here and on my blog.

Also, to my little sister Angela (aka Pootie Tang), I'm sorry, but this will be one of those "deep and boring" messages, but you should still read it. I promise we'll do plenty of fun and not deep and boring things in a few days when I see you!


As this year draws to a close and the Christmas season is in full swing, I have had many opportunities to reflect on the year and to experience many inspiring moments. Many of you have been keeping an eye on my life and have watched as I have struggled over the past couple years. I regret to say that I was very good at hiding my emotions from people and that I shut everyone out from helping me. It was a time of rebellion for me and I let things like my chronic fatigue take over my life. For a long period of time, I felt nothing. No happiness, no sadness; not even depression. It is difficult to describe and even more difficult to understand what I went through. I will simply refer to it as my living death, because though I was alive, I felt as though I was not. After this living death had engulfed my soul for over a year, the influences of those around me punched the tiniest hole in the darkness that surrounded me, letting in light. For the first time in awhile, I felt something real and noticed it. Slowly this year, I began to realize things. I began to set goals for myself and to make improvements, and ever so slowly, the darkness around me grew a little bit lighter. Then came my summer. If you have read my summer story, you know what happened. If you have not, I will recap it. This summer I set out determined to finally read the entire Book of Mormon cover to cover. I purchased the replica edition to make following and understanding it easier. As I read and as I fasted and prayed, I experienced a change of heart that words cannot describe. As my desire to really change grew, I one day came to a full realization of the state I had been in and I poured out my soul in tearful and sorrowful prayer that I could be forgiven. And I was. My troubled heart was calmed, my burden lifted and my soul was saved by my Savior.

My dear friends and family, my Christmas message to you is that Christ lives. I have experienced his perfect love. He came to this earth for you and for me. He was whipped and beaten, spat upon and made to wear a crown of thorns. He suffered pain that we can never comprehend. He bled for us. He died for us. And he did it because he loves us. Please do everything you can to feel of His spirit this Christmas. Listen to Christmas hymns, watch those cheesy but heart-warming Christmas movies, give service to someone who needs it. Pray for the Christmas spirit and I promise you will experience it. I have been full of the Christmas spirit this year and my heart is truly full of thankfulness and love to those I am around.

I stand firm as a witness today that He lives and loves you perfectly. May your Christmas be full of joy and love and I pray that this coming year brings good change to us all.

God Bless,
Jon
0 Responses

    Followers