Sunday Solace

Sundays used to be a lot quieter than they are today. In the past, people would attend church, worshiping the God that gave them everything, then participate in restful, wholesome activities, such as family meals, reflective walks through the neighborhood, or visiting the elderly, sick, or poor. Now, Sundays are used as a day off from work turned into a day of running errands, a day of watching sports, a day of going out and playing, and practically everything but what they were intended for.

Today, on the Sabbath, I regret to admit that I found myself planning a quick trip to the store because I have been out of face wash for a few days and with over 70 hours scheduled in a Saturday to Saturday week, I figured I had a whole day to not work that I could use to get some errands done. Thankfully, I had a small slap me in the face moment that changed my mind and inspired this post.

If you, as I did, find yourself thinking you need to run out and do some shopping or run other errands today, I hope you will pause for a moment, rethink your plans, and honor this day of rest that has been given and not use it to get things done, but rather to reflect, to improve, and to worship.

To help set that tone both for myself and anyone else who may need it, I put together a playlist of uplifting songs to usher in an appropriate Sabbath spirit.
0 Responses

    Followers