Merry Christmas

Greetings and warm Christmas salutations to you all. I appreciate you taking the time to venture onto my blog during these busy times and I hope to make my message worthy of your time. Before I begin my message, I want to highlight our Song of the Day. The song is called "He is Born" sung by Vocal Point and it is perhaps my favorite Christmas song to listen to during the holidays. I hope you enjoy the song and my Christmas message to you wherever you may be on this holiday weekend.

Each Christmas, we hear the criticisms and complaints of Christmas becoming too corporate and commercialized. While it is fairly obvious that this season has become very focused on giving, receiving and maximizing profits on that exchanging of gifts, I do not believe that the spirit of Christmas has been, or ever will be, completely lost. I do believe, however, that it is becoming masked. Like a dense fog blanketing a peaceful valley, all of the glory and wonder of Christmas is still right where it used to be; we simply have to slow down, look close, and find it. Within that increasing shroud that seeks to hide Christmas, we find peaceful hymns that praise the birth of Christ. Looking beyond the price tags, we find a gentle gift that will enrich the life of a loved one. Peering down a street, we see decorations hung on houses and draped from trees; a sight that inspires wonder, awe, and joy. If our hearts are in the right place, we will always see the meaning of Christmas. The meaning of joy, and love; a celebration of Christ our Lord.

I hope you all enjoy the precious gifts, the time with family and friends, the music, the dance, the food, the smiles, and the love this Christmas as you celebrate our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

Merry Christmas to you all.

1 Response
  1. TJO Says:

    Beautiful post. Merry Christmas and a blessed New Year to you.


    Followers