A Shopping Story

Whew! It has been a long, albeit exciting week at work. Lots of hours, lots of fun, but probably not as much sleep as I should get to go with it. Still plenty more work to go this week, then a brief respite Sunday, and then right back to it Monday. Just the way I like it.

Today, Ross Dress for Less got me again. I have an interesting relationship with that store. I dislike, and sometimes even detest, about 90% of their merchandise. Some of the clothing is good stuff, but the electronics, domestic things and such are usually low quality junk you could get in better quality at DI or a garage sale...well, maybe that is an unfair assessment, but the point is that it is not the kind of store I go to actually shop for things. It is the store I go to because I know that hidden somewhere on a rack or shelf, there is one item, and usually only one item, that I will absolutely love. For that reason, I absolutely love Ross Dress for Less. I like the adventure of going in and looking for that one item that is waiting for me. Today, it was a full zip, heather gray fleece sweater from Calvin Klein and I found it by accident. I went to Ross Dress for Less (if you haven't noticed, I never call it just Ross, it's always Ross Dress for Less) looking for a pair of jeans. I have 2 pairs of work jeans and 1 pair of jeans for casual wear and I determined that another pair of jeans for casual wear would be useful. Anyway, so I went in and got distracted looking at scarves and gloves. Then I made my traditional perusal of the kitchen and home decor area, where I found a great mug for myself for only $3. Then, I went back to the scarves and gloves and decided to get a pair of nice, thinner driving gloves to replace the super thick ones I have that are annoying to drive with. Because the coolest pair of shoes I have ever bought came from a trip to Ross Dress for Less last year, I looked at the shoes and then decided to call it good. On my way to the front, I glanced at the jacket section and saw a very nice looking sweater in my size. I noticed it was much thicker than most fleece, which would be a huge benefit in the frigid Utah winters. Thoroughly interested by that point, I tried it on. I knew immediately I had found my treasure, so I threw the gloves out and got the sweater and mug. I never even made it to look at the jeans, but there was a nice brown jacket I want to take a second look at anyway, so I'll have to make a return trip soon.

I think that story is all the blog needs today. I'm going to throw another dedication out there for our Song of the Day. This one goes to the biggest, and indubitably the most hilarious Christmas Scrooge on the planet: Jeff Woolley, my boss at work. He goes mad when you play Christmas tunes, so we often put them on and see how long it takes for him to freak out. It's usually about 2 seconds. I told him I knew just the song for him, and this is it. The Song of the Day is "Mr. Scrooge" sung by the Muppets in the always hilarious movie A Muppet Christmas Carol.

0 Responses

    Followers