Past Few Days

The past few days have been fairly eventful. We were not quite as busy this week as we were last week at work. I still worked plenty of hours though.

Wednesday evening we pulled a great prank on our scroogey boss. As I mentioned, he dislikes all the Christmas hullabaloo, so, we managed to get him to go home early one evening and we Buddy the Elfed his office. We strung lights everywhere, had a little Christmas tree, tons of garland and wreaths and snowflakes and wrapping paper and pretty much covered literally every inch of the office with decorations. It was as close to what Buddy the Elf did in the movie Elf as we could get. It was awesome. When he came in for work the next morning, we awaited his reaction in the office. It was great. He walked in, we shouted, his face went stone cold, he turned around, walked out, and then after a few seconds he laughed. He then told us to take it all down. We managed to keep it up for a few days before it all had to come down. In it's place, however, I left a picture of the Grinch saying Merry Christmas.

Saturday we had our department party. That was pretty fun. We had a catered meal (this time not catered by us), got a gift, and I enjoyed having a few people think that I was married. They said I looked like I was the married type but then I showed up without a wife. I laughed, because generally I get the opposite remarks. Apparently though, people in catering thought I was married. The party was fun though and I enjoyed getting to talk to the servers more. Usually our conversations are: "Where is this food?" or "Can you help me find this?"

After the party, I went and saw the new Sherlock Holmes with some of the actually married folks of catering. It was a fun movie with lots of good laughs. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Work news aside, I have two other things for today. First up: politics.

I figured since I have a few faithful followers, I would do my part to get America working again. Next year, we will select a new president. It does not take much to realize that our current president has failed us. I believe that Barrack Obama is a good person with good intentions, but he was not ready to lead this nation and it shows severely. I am young myself, but even I see that President Obama is highly inexperienced for his position and it shows daily. There is, however, a man out there who's experiences in life have prepared him for the very situation our nation finds itself in today. That man is Mitt Romney. I have spent the entire primary election cycle following the candidates. I have studied their views, their ideas, and their policies. I have listened to all they have said and I firmly believe that Mitt is our best and only chance at defeating President Obama in the general election next year. And so, today, it is my pleasure to announce that the "News From the Colonel" blog officially endorses Mitt Romney for President of the United States.

The second thing was a serious story, but I'll save that for my next post and instead post a funny joke Annie told me:
How I learned to mind my own business: I was walking past a mental hospital the other day and all the patients were shouting "13! 13! 13!" The fence was too high to see over, but I saw a little gap in the planks, so I looked through to see what was going on. Some idiot poked me in the eye with a stick. As I walked away angry, I heard them all shouting "14! 14! 14!"

Songs of the Day: "White Christmas" sung by: The Drifters and "Feliz Navidad" sung by someone Hispanic I'm assuming, though they do not sound Hispanic...oh well.
0 Responses

    Followers