My Christmas

This was certainly not the typical Christmas for me. In the past, we've had a Christmas Eve feast on, well, Christmas Eve, and then Christmas Day we open presents, play with presents and chill all day. Breakfast on Christmas is the mini box of cereal from our stocking and lunch and dinner are leftovers or sandwiches.

This year, I stuffed my face at 3 different buffets. Christmas Eve we went over to Aunt Di's for a meal that included shrimp, prime rib, fruit, veggies, mushrooms, ham and more. Christmas morning we had cereal, went to church, then set off on an adventuresome day that took us to the east, west, north and south ends of the Salt Lake valley. We dropped off presents at Aunt Di's and visited briefly. Then we headed over to Uncle Rory's and dropped off presents. After that, we went to my cousin Heather's for a brunch buffet that had everything from ham to deviled eggs and chicken wings. A few hours later, we departed for another buffet at cousin Tiffany's. The trip began at 11 am and concluded around 5 pm, leaving us fully fed and plenty tired.

I would like to take this opportunity to tell you all I am disappointed that you all neglected my Santa list. Camilla did get me some black socks, but if not for my own psychic abilities, I would be without blue ones. I figured everyone would laugh at my request for socks, so before Christmas I bought a simple set of blue socks from my loathed adversary Wal-Mart. It's funny though, because the blue set I got was the exact same designs as the black pair Camilla got me, so when I walked in wearing the blue ones, she thought I had bought the same ones she had actually got me. Even funnier, as I would find out later, is that we were at Wal-Mart getting me deodorant, a cheap toothbrush and toothpaste (which I foolishly forgot), and I saw Monopoly for cheap. I was about to buy myself one when Camilla started giving me this "you have got to be kidding me" stare. I quickly realized I was about to spoil her Christmas gift, so I did not get Monopoly. Good thing she was there with me. Imagine her surprise if I had ruined BOTH the gifts she got for me.

On the topic of presents, here is what I got: a t-shirt about sarcasm from Amelia and Max (not sure why...), socks and Monopoly from Camilla, a little remote control stunt car from Grandma, money from the parents and Grandma, a lint roller, bubbles and lots of candy in my stocking, chocolates and a sausage and cheese package from that one company whose name escapes me right now and I'm too lazy to look it up, more chocolates from Heather, hopefully a Korean suit from Mike (but I'd settle for a Korean house maid), and that's all I remember right now.

On the giving side, I got the complete Hogan's Heroes series for the family, a very Camilla-esque bag (which she is already using and getting "that's so you" compliments on) for, you guessed it, Camilla, pocket knives for my 3 co-workers in the catering kitchen, a home-made gift basket for my date (just thought I'd mention it :) , and I showed my face on Skype for everyone else.

All in all, it was a good Christmas. Now that it is over though, I have a ton of stuff to do and lots of stress on my shoulders. Hopefully, within the week, I will sign a lease on an apartment, buy my sister's car, register my car, insure my car, work a couple busy, busy days (lots of weddings over the winter break in Logan), and hopefully throw a big New Year's party. I think I'm attending a Harry Potter marathon party too if I haven't already missed it.

Song of the Day reflects my busy schedule. It's "Takin' Care of Business" by: BTO.
1 Response
  1. TJO Says:

    Glad to hear you had a good Christmas! Strangely enough, I also got Monopoly from Wal-Mart! LOL


    Followers