Thank You Monday

Mondays and I have a history that goes way back.

I awoke this morning well refreshed at 6:15 am to prepare for work. I got out the door in good spirits and prepared to de-ice my car when I stumbled upon a delightful Monday present...a parking ticket. I've been parking in the same, legal street parking area since I moved here, but, I was not made aware of a law in Logan that prohibits street parking between 1 and 6 am from November 15th-March 1st. Apparently, other people were either unaware, forgot, or just belligerent, because the street has been full of cars every day since the 15th and last night they all got an early Christmas gift as well.

I plan to appeal this ticket politely so I can hopefully save $15. What irks me, however, is that our housing area does not provide adequate parking for the tenants. Each townhouse has a 2 car garage, but for the units that are rented to students, there are 3 cars per household or more. There are a few off-street parking spots, but they also are full. In fact, each night since I have been here, the streets have been full, the few off-street spots have been full, and a dirt overflow lot has been full, so I'm not sure where we are all going to park if the streets are now illegal.

Other than that my Monday has been fairly good. At work I was in an organizing mood and spent 3 hours in the walk-in fridge throwing out old stuff, re-organizing everything and such. It was good timing too because not an hour after I finished the health inspector came in. Our walk-ins looked well-maintained and fresh. It would have been funny though if he had showed up right in the middle of me disposing of several hundred pounds of rotten food.

The remainder of my day will consist of mailing some things off, chillaxing a bit, and then I'll have to spend a couple hours recovering some lost music, a minor inconvenience that has caused me a bit more unnecessary stress than I would like.

Song of the day is the Tom Kubis Big Band featuring Wayne Bergeron on trumpet. If you really want to be impressed, skip ahead two minutes to the 2:16 mark and listen till the 3:00 mark...he goes higher and higher...notably at 2:49, and then, unbelievably even higher at 2:57. My lips hurt just thinking about playing that high.
0 Responses

    Followers