Thanksgiving Break

Well, Thanksgiving has come and gone once again and so it is time to report on my break.

I left work around 1 pm Wednesday, packed up and headed down to Murray, Utah. Traffic was smooth and I had no incidence on the sun-filled drive. In Murray at my grandparents house, I greeted my grandparents and sister Camilla before we decided to head down to Provo to pick our brother Mike up. He was going to take a bus and train, but that would have taken 2 hours or so, while picking him up takes half the time. So down we went, grabbed him and got back just in time for supper. Traffic was heavy, but flowed at normal speeds. Wednesday night we didn't do much. We had supper, watched "Up", and chilled.

Thanksgiving Day was delightfully simple. Grandma experimented with buying a pre-made meal from the local grocery store, so she only made a few things on her own. Those things she made were the ones that were good. The turkey was also good, but the mashed taters and stuffing were sub-par. Still though, it was a good meal and I cannot complain too much about eating unless a meal is unbearable, and so far, I cannot think of many times that has happened in my life.

After turkey dinner, we all went back to chilling. Watched some classic BYU football games and read all the Black Friday ads. None of us had any intention of fighting lines for $8 pillows or $5 movies, but, I have done a lot of thinking, researching, and more thinking, and I determined that this was the time for me to replace my laptop if it could be done within a very specific budget. Best Buy had a laptop that fit my needs and was within that budget, so I determined I would go and get one.

Mike and I went to Best Buy at 8 am Friday morning, long after the rush of people had left. They did not have the laptop in stock, so we went to a different Best Buy, who were also out of stock. There were 2 other Best Buys to check, one in Riverdale on the route home, and one in Logan, so I figured I'd check those later.

With no laptop, we headed home for the Christmas decoration tradition. We first set up the outside decorations, then, when the cousins came, we did the inside. We made good time, had a good time, and did a good job. Then, as grandma says, I knew the drill, and headed to the kitchen for the other tradition, grilled cheese sandwiches. We ate some delicious sandwiches with Tillamook cheese and then did our Christmas crafts, which were a choice of the glass beads you melt into stained glass that we made last year, foam ornaments/decorations, or some decorated bells. I made some foam decorations and added a bell to hang in my car.

After that I took a nap, where I was secretly photographed without my consent, then it was getting time for me to head back since I had work at 7 am Saturday. Before leaving though, Mike and I went to the auto shop and changed my air filter and picked up some cleaner to fix Mike's scooter. There also just happened to be a nice Korean market right next door, so we stopped, I got some things, he got some things and we moved on to the DI which also happened to be on that corner. Nothing good there though, so we left.

With all our obligations completed for the day, I packed up and headed back to Logan so I could prepare for work. The drive back was nice and the Best Buy in Riverdale had the laptop I was looking into. I gave it a few more minutes thought to make sure I wanted to go through with it, and then I made my purchase and went home. The laptop, which I am typing on now, is a breath of fresh air from what I've been dealing with. I developed so many habits with my dinosaur Dell just to do simple things like watch YouTube or type something up that it's taking some getting used to. Basically, I'm just not used to being able to actually use a laptop the way it's intended to be used and it's weird.

This morning it was back to work for a bit and now I get to enjoy the rest of my weekend before the Christmas season gets into full swing at work.

The song of the day has a little story to it. Thanksgiving morning I woke up with an email from Amazon giving me a gift of 2 free MP3 downloads. Not really knowing what I would do with 2 free songs, I went to their website. I started perusing and wasn't finding much I wanted, until I saw a new song by Christina Perri. I like her voice and her music a lot, so I downloaded this song. I got about 30 seconds in before I was hooked on it. Now, I'm not sure if the song was written for the movie or if they added it because it fit, but either way, the song is in the new Twilight movie. I'm not a huge Twilight fan, but I enjoy the movies and I really like this song either way. The song is "A Thousand Years" by: Christina Perri.
0 Responses

    Followers