Day Off!

Yee haw! What a day off it has been. Possibly one of the best days I've had in Logan so far.

This morning we got up and went fly fishing. It was my first time fly fishing and also my first time fishing in general in a long time. Boy was it a great trip. I borrowed equipment from my roommate's friend and I am so glad he let me borrow it. Up in the canyon, the temperature was still in the 30s. Frost covered the ground where the sun had not hit yet and there was still plenty of snow on the slopes hidden from the sun and under trees. With my waders, the water wasn't too bad. Towards the end my feet were getting cold, but I only brought my water shoes because I could not find my old hiking shoes to wear over the wader bootie sock thing. I actually lost one shoe when my foot got stuck in a hole between some big rocks. I could not retrieve it so I just walked carefully. Though I almost fell a couple times, lost my shoe, and my hands lost most of their mobility (literally), I had a fantastic time. I did not catch a fish, but I came close. A nice trout was on my line but he got off before I could land him. Regardless, as I've always said, just put me out in nature casting that line and I could not be happier. Today was no exception. Near freezing temperatures, frigid water, slipper rocks, no fish and a lost shoe did not damper my spirits at all. I had a fantastic morning.

After fishing I watched more Hogan's Heroes and played some xbox. Then this evening I went to Taco Tuesday with my roommate, then had some good carne asada at home with both my roommates. Then we all played some xbox and chilled in the theater room.

Tomorrow it's back to work and I'll be working a good bit through the end of the week. Next big non-work event for me is Pie Night at my place on Sunday. I'm looking forward to it and it looks like we'll have a full apartment of people again this year. It's gonna be great! Also upcoming is my big Christmas feast. This year I'm doing turkey since one roommate is Muslim and can't eat ham. That feast will be epic just like last years, which was just amazing.

Hope everyone out there has a fantastic week!

Back to work song of the day is Harry Belafonte singing the easily recognizable "Banana Boat Song" which you may know as "Day-O." And, as a special treat, I've included the scene from Beetlejuice that also includes the song. Classic song, classic scene!

0 Responses

    Followers