11-11-11

HAPPY 11-11-11


The hype of 11-11-11 has been around for many years and it is finally here! And what a huge day it is going to be. It is Veteran's Day, and it is the day of the epic basketball game of BYU @ USU. 

I won't say much today and I'll post about the game after the game, but I must pause and pay tribute to all who have served and are serving our country. I am grateful for everyone who puts on the uniform of a soldier of the United States and goes out each day serving me and you. The remainder of this post is my tribute to all who have served this great nation.

 Enjoy the music of the Mormon Tabernacle Choir performing the most inspiring of patriotic songs, the "Battle Hymn of the Republic" as you thoughtfully and reverently view the images.



"This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave"







"Freedom is never free"













 
 
"When our perils are past, shall our gratitude sleep?"










"Valor is stability, not of legs and arms, but of courage and the soul"









"In war, there are no unwounded soldiers"












"I think there is one higher office than president and I would call that patriot"













"Courage is almost a contradiction in terms. It means a strong desire to live taking the form of readiness to die"















"We often take for granted the very things that most deserve our gratitude"














Remember their sacrifice today and every day...









0 Responses

    Followers