It got a bit chilly today

Happy November everyone.

Today was a pretty good day. I went to work, I worked, I went home from work, I slept, I watched some of my favorite TV show episodes, and now here I am.

The best part of the day was actually a performance review at work. My boss (who I found out perused my blog yesterday) and I sat down and went over a "performance appraisal" the university uses for following the progression (or digression) of employees. We discussed my responsibilities and how much time is used each day for each one. Then we went over my goals and set some new ones for me, which was the exciting part. We are going to do what I thought I was going to do this summer. I'm going to learn some things. Some of the goals we set include improving my knife skills, particularly learning new types of cuts, cross-training with the catering wait staff, and other things that will essentially give me a better understanding of how our organization works as well as catering in general. I am also going to be spending a couple extra hours each week typing up all of our recipes. None of our recipes are typed and on file anywhere, so this will help us have them all in one place, and me typing them all will help me become more familiar with them, which will enable me to cook more without having to stop to write down recipes all the time. The meeting was very good. They enjoy having me on board and as we implement the things we planned today, things will only get better for the whole organization. I know it may be boring to you all hearing the details of a meeting, but it's way exciting for me!

Logan escaped valley snow again today. It seems the last two storms that may have dropped accumulating snow here have missed and left us just cold and a bit rainy. Another storm hits this weekend and we'll see if that one does anything. I'm as ready for winter as I can be. I want to go snowmobiling this winter if I get a chance. We'll see.

Song of the day today is an interesting choice. This song was the Billboard #1 song on the day I was born in 1989. It's "Toy Soldiers" by Martika.
0 Responses

    Followers