My Sisters

I've done a few tribute posts, but today I want to do a highlight post. I would like to highlight four of the most influential and awesome girls I know: my sisters.

 Growing up in a large family of seven children, I always had someone to do things with. I cannot remember more than only a handful of holidays, birthdays, and other celebrations where most of my sisters were not there. Whether it was marching in 4th of July parades, church activities, dressing up for Halloween and homecoming spirit weeks, or even playing football, they were there having fun with me. Each one of my sisters has very different and distinct qualities that allowed for me to be best friends with each of them. 


Amelia
This is my older sister, Amelia Warnock (yep, she's MARRIED!). Amelia is very artistically talented and has a very, very strong recollection of every ridiculous thing I've ever done or said when she was around. It is for that reason that I am grateful I live 2,000 miles away, where the worst she can do to embarrass me is post quotes on the family Facebook quote wall. Amelia has used her artistic abilities, however, to enrich and influence my life greatly. Her reputation in our high school marching band paved the way for my future successes in the band. I was always known as "Amelia's little brother" and was treated with respect because of it. Though her musical abilities are fantastic, I have always loved her passion for art. I had the privilege of being drawn by her many times, including modeling once for a children's book she illustrated that may someday be published. I have also been graced with requests for free custom artwork over the years, which I have been greatly appreciative of. The most influential aspect of Amelia, though, is not her recollection of my bloopers or her artistic abilities. Amelia is an extremely down to earth spiritual leader. Rebellious though I may be, her guidance has proven to be vital at times in my growth in life, and for that I am forever indebted. Thank you Amelia for being a model older sister.

Annie

This here is Annie, my two year younger, should-be-twin sister. Annie and I, even when living thousands of miles apart, always get really sick at the same time, although usually with different ailments. Annie and I understand life in a very similar way, mostly because we go through so many of the same things. Whether it is dating woes, health issues, or words just coming out wrong, we are very alike. We also enjoy yelling at refs, looking fashionable, and we have very similar taste in tv shows. Annie and I (and my brother Mike) used to hang out and have fun so much, I've been referenced by her friends and co-workers as her boyfriend, husband, lover, and whatever else you can think of besides brother. The one difference I have to point out between us though, is that she is the queen of drama, and I hate drama. But, it is a testament of true brother-sister bonds that we are so close despite the massive difference on the drama scale. My favorite thing about Annie is that we can usually talk about anything and almost always understand each other. Thank you Annie for being a great little sister.

Camilla
The next sibling down is my younger sister Camilla, or Cam as we call her. Camilla is a fiercely outgoing girl with a style all her own. It is hard to believe that just a few short months ago, she began college. Camilla is really close with my older brother, Lance, but we still shared plenty of good times growing up. Cam was a tough cookie and always wrestled with us. I still chuckle when I think of her answering our cry for help while our dad was tickle torturing us. When I could bear the tickling no longer, I would call out "eeh eeh senorita, eeh eeh!", which somehow meant I needed her to come tackle my dad. Every time I called, she came running and joined the fray. Camilla is also very musically inclined. She has a strong singing voice and a passion for music as fierce as her personality. She is training her musicality in college and I look forward to hearing the results of her hard work there. My favorite thing about Cam is her uniqueness. She is completely her own person and boldly stands out without fear of judgement, a quality I admire in her. Thank you Camilla for being so bold and being a stand-out little sister.

Angela, aka Pootie Tang
Finally, we come to the youngest sibling and sister, Angela, aka, Pootie Tang. Angela is everything you would want from your youngest sister: spoiled, dramatic, funny, and playful. Angela is a sports star and I hope someday she becomes a standout in college and an Olympic gold medalist one day. She'll just have to overcome her laziness! I love hanging out with Angela and she loves hanging out with me. Pootie Tang has been a tomboy all her young life, but is growing up and definitely turning into one lovely lady. Since she started wearing dresses, there has been a crowd of guys behind her, desperately seeking her attention. They just better watch out, because the guy who breaks her heart, may wake up with broken legs...hehe, just kidding. Angela and I share many qualities as well, such as saying ridiculously funny things. We say them in seriousness usually, though everyone else finds them hilarious. We also like hunkering down to watch scary movies and while our family all loves being outdoors, when I'm home, Angela and I spend more time outside. My favorite thing about Angela is that I am her favorite brother, a position I solidified when I got her the Jimmer jersey she wanted for her birthday (yeah, yeah, maybe I had my brother help pay for it, but it still gives me a lead in the brother polls). Thank you Angela for always wanting to hang out with me. I will miss hanging out with you this Christmas and New Years.

So, there you have it. Four of the most beautiful, awesome and influential people not just in my life, but in the world. I am very glad I have them as my best friends and although eternity is a heck of a long time, they'll be there with me through it all. And for our song of the day we have four songs, each one dedicated to a particular sister:

Amelia: "You Raise Me Up" Sung by: the Celtic Women

Annie: "Daddy's Girl" by: Red Sovine

Camilla: "12 Days of Christmas" Vocal Point's arrangement (an unheard of, never before, early Christmas song from me because I was so harsh in scolding you about playing Christmas music on your blog before Thanksgiving)

Angela: "Chariots of Fire" by: Vangelis (because you will one day be my Olympian!)
0 Responses

    Followers