Day Off

Today, I did not work.

Today, I did nothing.

Well, that's not entirely true. I woke up around 9:30 this morning and was too cold to get out of bed, so, since I had finished all of my laundry during my half day off (between editing my video and watching Real Salt Lake), I decided I would lay in bed for a while and watch some Hogan's Heroes on my laptop. Unless I am too sick to move, I have a general policy that I have to always do something productive each day, so, this afternoon I managed to get up, have a nice hot shower to thaw out, and I headed out on a drive to clear my mind. I took along my film camera to try to get some cool pictures as well. I first stopped at the mouth of the canyon at the lake/pond and spent some time with the ducks and geese there. A couple of the ducks must have been hungry because they did not shy away like the others. They walked right up to me and I got what I hope will be an awesome picture of one of them that was standing within a foot of me. After that I drove up Logan Canyon a bit, but decided to turn around and head over to the Logan Temple. I got some good pictures there before getting a little cold as the sun hid behind some clouds, so I headed home. I still have about 15 pictures to take on this roll of film before I can develop it, so you will all have to wait a little bit to see these shots. I also am not sure if the film in it is color or black and white. I thought strongly that I had put black and white in, but I can't be sure. I put the film in long ago when the batteries died. This summer I got batteries, but was always working except at night, when it would have been a waste of film to shoot. Either way, the pictures should look nice and I look forward to shooting more and sharing them all.

I hope you all had a chance to view my video and I really hope you share it with all your friends. I uploaded it to youtube so you can share it easier.



Today the song of the day is one of my recent favorites. It's "Black Balloon" by: The Goo Goo Dolls
1 Response
  1. Sarah Says:

    If you toss a rock into the water a few feet from the ducks, they will all race to it. Then you can place bets on which duck will win. Just sayin' :)


    Followers