Halloween

This year, I did not do very much for Halloween. In fact, this year, I practically did nothing for Halloween. I attended no parties. I had no costume. I didn't even post "Happy Halloween" on my Facebook status. The one Halloweenish thing I did was went to a haunted corn maze with some friends a couple weeks ago. Honestly, that was all I needed. I did have plans to attend some parties as you may remember, but opted instead to go down to Provo for the weekend for the Real Salt Lake game. I guess I just wasn't in the Halloween mood...though the Halloween episode of Psych was great!

I realized today that I really need a piano, or rather, I need to play a piano. Playing the piano was always a really good release for me and always made me feel good. I haven't played in months and I am noticing it. Maybe this Sunday I'll stick around after church and find a room I can use.

This week I'm setting a goal to try to get out and do more. Whether it's just going out and taking pictures, or doing something more meaningful, lately I've cooped myself up too much and it's taking it's toll. Fatigue sets in quick when I coop up and do not eat right or sleep enough and recently I have not been taking as good care of myself as I need to. I think it is time that I for serious find a couple small hobbies.

And for those of you who do not watch the sing off, I wanted to share a video of my favorite group, Vocal Point, singing some great Elvis. I loved their performance tonight.


 


And our song of the day is Cher singing "You Haven't Seen the Last of Me" from the movie Burlesque. I like the song because my life relates really well to the song. I have been brought down to my knees and pushed past the point of breaking, but I've always managed to get back on my feet. I also like the song in a really odd way because Cher's voice sounds so weird. We've compared it to a horse at times. I know, I know, that's awful, but seriously, do you not hear a "neigh"-ish sound in there??
0 Responses

    Followers