Weekend Please?

The long week continued today. The dag-blasted sun rises I swear at like 5 am. I woke up to the morning light shining on my face at about 6:30. I did not work until 8. I did not plan on waking up until 7:30. Once I was awake, I had to pee, so I had to go relieve myself in order to try to sleep again...but, I kept waking up every 10 minutes, so the morning was miserable.

Work itself was not too bad. I kept busy most of the day. I do have an interesting story to tell. I made some shredded chicken today for some luau type party. We added some pineapple to it to make it "Hawaiian" and put it in the warmer to, well, stay warm. That was just before noon. So, tonight, they come and get their chicken, only to return a few minutes later with a cup full of gravy. Turns out, it was not gravy. The liquid in the cup was the chicken. Somehow, either the enzymes in the pineapple or perhaps the chemical they use to preserve the fresh cut fruit with broke the proteins down and all that remained was a liquid. The chicken literally disintegrated from nice, tender, shredded pieces to a gross looking, almost puke quality goop. I thought it was cool.

I'm doing a bit better tonight on getting to sleep. It's not yet midnight (though will be when I click post) and I may be asleep soon. Tomorrow I work at 8 again but I'm the only catering cook (I won't call myself a chef) there. Jeff and Chef of the Year Corey are going down to showcase the meal that won him Chef of the Year (a story I have not yet shared on the blog) on the local news.

I swear I had something else to share but I cannot think at all right now, so I'll just stop trying.

Song of the Day is an indie hit released last year that was launched into the spotlight by that annoying show Glee and has now become a major hit, it's "We Are Young" by Fun.
0 Responses

    Followers