Laughter

Laughter truly is the best medicine, and, I swear some people might think the world is coming to an end to hear me, of all people, saying this, but...smiling really does make things better.

It's been a rough past month what with illness and other things, but I have been trying to make a very real effort to get out, have fun, and stop loafing around the house feeling like bleh. Now that my appetite has returned and I don't feel too bad, I am trying to do some hiking and maybe do some sports. Tonight though, I had a blast going over to the Cache Vally Fun Park (which is just a block down from us) for some classic skating. Usually, Tuesdays are 80s night, but, this week, I saw on Facebook it was Prom Night themed and you'd get in free with any formal dress...so, me, Myles, and a girl from work, who, for the sake of her privacy, shall remain nameless, dressed up and went. We got in free and even got skate rentals free, but apparently no one else knew it was supposed to be Prom Night and were in their 80s garb. It was a blast though and we saw some other people we work with and said hello. After skating, we watched some tv episodes in the theater. The night was just what I needed, and, for all you haters out there, I smiled.

Tomorrow, which is actually today for those of you reading (it's Wednesday), I'm going to play some volleyball at the institute building on campus. That will hopefully be really fun as well.

It's a long week at work, so I best get to sleep now. Super busy day tomorrow...er...today.

Song of the day is an 80s hit by Aha, it's "Take on Me" and is dedicated to our friend who suggested we go skating in the first place...she likes 80s music.
0 Responses

    Followers