Honey

I was trying to think of something to talk about today and really couldn't think of anything too exciting. For the most part, the past few weeks have been good work-wise and such, but my health has been not so good. It seems kind of like I contracted some weird virus that is messing with my body. I started not feeling good the week before I got my cold sore. It was subtle things like a little headache, maybe feeling a teeny bit feverish for a bit on and off, and I had just a bit of some cold symptoms for one morning when it all seemed to start. I thought I was alright, but the cold sore confirmed I likely had something passing through me, since my cold sores are usually triggered by illness these days. The week I had the cold sore was the worst. Ask the people I work with. Between feeling nauseated, having a headache, being exhausted from working in such a condition all day and being on some medications to help, near the end of Tuesday, I was saying funny things and acting strange. If you recall, that is the day after my Mountain Dew episode. I did not mention my feeling sick then, mostly because I knew that downing that much Mountain Dew when not well was a bad idea and I did not want to admit that I knew some pain was coming. Let me tell you a little about how that went. As I tried to fall asleep that night, the caffeine and other energy inducing toxins were flying through my bloodstream. Three times as I lay there I thought my roommate was shining a blue light in my left eye. When I opened my eyes to catch him in the act, no one was there. Then, my dreams were insane. I would be in the middle of a normal dream and some psychotic element would literally just go berserk through my dream, almost as if the Tasmanian Devil was in my dream. It was so weird. The next morning, I felt as close to hung over as I'll ever feel. I felt like a piece of poop on a log floating in the middle of the ocean on a scorching hot day. Sort of. Anyway, I pushed through a long day of work and you can imagine by the end how I would be a little bit loopy. After that day, things seemed to be getting better. I medicated my cold sore well and it went away quickly. I went down for Easter to my grandmas, where things took a delightful turn. As I sat on Easter morning watching Psych after church, I was suddenly afflicted with what I thought was some allergen in my face. My left eye instantly began watering, itching, and swelling. I went to the bathroom to find my left eye swollen halfway shut, blood-red, with nasty goop in it. As I stood in the bathroom, my right eye starting watering, itching, and swelling a little too, and within a minute I looked absolutely terrible, with both my eyes very red and swollen. I took a strong antihistamine, got ice for my eyes, and then after a good icing took a nap. When I woke up for Easter dinner an hour later, the swelling had reduced, but you could tell I was still afflicted. My eyes improved through the afternoon and by the time I had to drive, I was well enough to make the drive to Provo to drop my brother off and back home to Logan. My eyes hurt though and later I realized with the headache I got from the pain and blurriness from my left eye I was getting pink eye. I went to the doctor the next morning and sure enough, I had some conjunctivitis. It was mild, so I got some drops and went to work. Since then, I have been living in fear of some other random plague to strike. Aside from those resolved issues, I continue to feel a little unwell, mostly dealing with fatigue, a little feverish at times, and a poor appetite, but things kind of seem to be improving so I hope for the best.

The mildly exciting thing I wanted to share before I ended up sharing my medical history is that I bought some local honey today. This honey comes from just a little bit north of where I live here in North Logan. If I have allergies, supposedly local honey can help because the bees gather nectar from the flowers that may be causing the allergens...I don't really have problems with allergies, but, I love honey, and I love buying local products over shopping at that big stupid place next door *cough* Wal-Mart *cough*. I got this honey at a little farmer's market on campus. I also got some of their absolutely delicious honey caramels. They were dang good. Here is their website: beesbros.com. The kids you see in the pictures are the ones who, along with their father (I assume he was their father), sold me my honey. They have some good lookin' recipes on their site too. I'm excited to try some out!

Song of the day is a random, but nice song I found when I typed "honey" into the search on playlist.com. It's "Honey Bee" by Zee Avi.


0 Responses

    Followers