Normal Things

Not a ton of super exciting things going on right now, but I'm super busy nonetheless.

Today, I worked 10 hours (was only supposed to be 9 but I accidentally stayed until 5 when I was actually done at 4), filed and paid my taxes (which were actually completed at the end of January but because I owed money this year I decided to procrastinate for a couple months), got a blue cover to go over the red of my phone (and to prevent the little rascal from slipping out of my hands as it frequently does), and started trying to redefine a healthy lifestyle for myself that encompasses the physical, the mental, the emotional, and, the one that makes the biggest difference, the spiritual (I don't really have a comment to go with this but figured I'd be consistent and put something in parentheses).

If I had to offer a piece of advice to you today, I would say this: make sure you are properly having your taxes withheld so you do not get a surprise tax bill the following year, and if you do owe, file as soon as you can so paying it off is easier. As they say, if you think no one cares about you, try not paying your taxes one year...

Oh, today we signed off on a new loan on what was formerly my sister's Ford Explorer that I've been driving for just shy of a year now so that she has no debt and can submit her mission papers and so that the car is now mine. Lots of crazy stuff has gone on with this car but everything settled into place the past couple weeks and worked itself out.

Things are stressful financially still, but I have a vision of eliminating my debt and starting savings this summer and I think I can really accomplish that.

I gotta get to sleep here...I am trying to get to bed earlier but Hogan's Heroes and this kept me up tonight. Song of the Day is "Hallelujah" sung by Rufus Wainwright simply because it's a great mellow song to listen to and I want everyone to have a nice, mellow day, or at least a few moments of relaxation.
0 Responses

    Followers