Busy!

Holy cow, it's already 1 am and I had such an awesome day I have to type super fast so I can get it all in before I'm way way past bedtime (too late!).

First story, I went to bed at 10 last night and got up at 6:30 for work. I did wake up at 2 and had to use the facilities (keepin' it appropriate cuz I know Amelia and mom read), but it was a good rest last night.

Second story. At work I was making a crab salad with some imitation crab. I had latex gloves on as I was loading the crab in a mixer onto the mixing machine. As I pushed the mixing paddle into place, it snagged on my glove and tore a small piece off that fell into the crab (or, krab as the imitation meat is spelled). My mouth dropped and my eyes widened in a classic cartoon style as I realized the latex glove and the imitation crab were pretty much the EXACT same color. I spent the next 20 minutes going through the krab piece by piece until, thankfully, I finally found the piece of glove. It was a rare, but hilarious occurrence...though had I not found the glove it may have been less funny.

Third story. I was invited by friends to play kickball today, so I clocked out of work, changed and went and played kickball for an hour. It was so much fun and running around felt so good. I had a blast and we are already looking to schedule some ultimate frisbee and more kickball.

Final story. Straight from kickball, I went and picked up a friend we work with whose birthday it was and we made a birthday dinner for her. It's pretty much only the 3rd or 4th time cooking on our ghetto stove and guess-the-temp oven (the numbers are worn from the dial so we guess). I made island pork with coconut rice. I thought the spice rub was too salty, but Myles and the girl disagreed. I'm still changing it to have less salt. The rice was great though. Dessert was cookie's and cream pie, which is perhaps the best chocolate pie we've ever had. It is SUPER simple to make and absolutely chalked full of rich chocolatey goodness. I usually don't reveal my sources for recipes, but I want EVERYONE who reads this blog to go make one of these pies. We usually undercook it a bit so the inside is still super wet and gooey, but I would make it right once before trying that. Here it is:

http://www.thebudgetdiet.com/cookies-and-cream-pie 

End of stories, but I have news to share. My friend Evan Rogler announced his engagement today. I am super excited for him! It is especially pleasing because he set me up on a date without telling me with this other girl who liked him because she is best friends with the girl he liked and wanted to take out without the other one knowing. Now, over half a year later, the girl he wanted to take out is his fiancee!

Song of the Day is about sleep because I'm behind on it tonight. It is "I Need Some Sleep" by: Eels and appears in Shrek 2.
0 Responses

    Followers