Dentist and Life

The dentist went well on Monday aside from the unexpected high cost. I went through my finances and options before and had just about everything figured out to get me through the next 2 months before real work and a real paycheck begin. I forgot to take into account that this life is real and that when things look good that means things are about to get really tough. Sure enough, the dentist bill came in and I allocated what was my rent money to pay the dentist. That throws everything a little out of sync, but I am still confident that I will make it through the next 2 months without too many problems.

I do have to commend the dentist for his work. All the silver has been removed and I have a new crown and a 3/4 crown overlay that blend perfectly with my teeth. I felt no pain at all except for when he accidentally hit a nerve or something when numbing my mouth. A little of the numbing stuff shot through a nerve or vein up my cheek and below my eye. It stung for a second and went a little numb for a minute, but it cleared up quickly. Everything else went really well. There was a little decay on the tooth with a filling but they cleaned it out and said it won't need a root canal or anything.

Starting very soon I have to begin going through things and decide what to get rid of and what to keep. Many people will benefit from me leaving as I have lots of stuff to give away. I will hopefully be able to sell a few things too. A final decision on many items will not be made until after I get my mission call. I'm still confused by some insurance questions and need to call home to figure those out, but I have my pictures on my computer and just need to upload my drivers license and passport now. Everything else is done. I know this is kind of a big deal and it's quite exciting for many of you (myself included), but I am keeping it sort of low key. I know myself and while it's helpful to have my closest friends supporting me, if I have tons of people pressuring me to finish it all I know that things won't get done. I'm trying to get everything done by tomorrow though. I have to mail the additional medical information tomorrow. Everything else will be submitted before they get that. I don't know the timetable on things, but I know they will make sure everything is correct and all that before my picture goes up in front of an apostle. So, however long that takes.

Not looking forward to getting my wisdoms out, but hopefully, if the cost isn't too much, I'll be getting that done next week.

Cougar Basketball took a huge blow with Brandon Davies being dismissed for the year. The New Mexico game and the next week will tell just how good we really are. I'm a bit nervous. But at least we stuck to our guns and didn't try to hide it till the end of the season.
0 Responses

    Followers