More on the past and coming week...

When I wrote a quick update last night, it was 2:30 am, so I was quite tired and didn't really say much about the week. Thus, I decided to give a little more recap of the week since I didn't write much this week.

I have to be honest...I slacked off big time this week. Part of it was because my mouth has been adjusting to the new crowns, so eating has been difficult. With eating difficult, I didn't get as many nutrients and didn't have as much energy and motivation. So...yeah. I had things I should have done, but I didn't really do it. I'm paying for that this weekend and through Tuesday. I have to skim read a biography and write a 1 page summary on how public speaking influenced the person who's biography I read. I have to write and rehearse a 4 minute speech for class. I have to finish cleaning for cleaning checks tomorrow. I have to get my nutrients and energy so I can stay healthy and not slack off anymore.

On Thursday I received an email inviting me to sign up to participate in an Iron Chef BYU competition. Obviously, I was stoked. I immediately responded and was assigned to a 4 person team to compete with. This site gives a run down of the rules: http://cougarfacs.weebly.com/iron-chef.html

I will spend some time this week preparing for that because I don't want to just compete for the sheer fun. I want to win the competition!

By popular demand, I'm making more cupcakes on Tuesday. I'm also planning on having my catering preview night in a couple weeks. I'm going to make up cupcakes, mints, punch, cookies, empanadas and whatever else and have people sample everything, rate the recipes by taste, texture, non-messiness and such, then I'll gather comments and suggestions. This will give me a good idea of what's best and what to send to Amelia for final approval for use at her wedding reception. Only the best for this wedding.

In case you are unaware, next Thursday (the 17th) is St. Patrick's Day. If you aren't in the loop, that means you have to make corned beef and cabbage! I would add you have to have Irish Soda Bread as well. I have a SUPER easy and SUPER SUPER delicious recipe for soda bread you should all ask me for and serve with your Irish dinners.

There are only 7 weeks left until I ship off south for my job. I'm so excited to go, but this means I will finally be leaving my apartment. I'll be writing a tribute blog post in a month about my apartment. That may seem odd, but this apartment has been my home for 2 and a half years. So much has happened, I have to highlight it all. Also, look for a special, funny post on Tuesday night. Since I'm getting my wisdom teeth out, I have to share what wisdom I have before it's taken away.

This should be a good week...heck, the whole month is full of fun things. St. Patty's Day. Iron Chef. Wisdom teeth removal. Annie's birthday. The Holi Festival of Colors. Spring begins. It's gonna be fun!
0 Responses

    Followers