Past Few Days

Time flies when March Madness is on tv for 4 days straight.

The biggest news of the past week, is of course, BYU advancing to the Sweet Sixteen of the NCAA tournament! All you doubters doubted our abilities, and finally BYU proved me right. We played the best and most complete game this year against Gonzaga. The Zags never had a chance. I think we'll play well again this week and I expect a great game on Thursday against Florida. They may want revenge on us from last year, but it'll take more than emotion to beat us.

In other news, according to the Stake President, my mission papers can't be submitted until 4 months before my availability date. I'm going down to the resort next weekend for a meeting and to get all the hiring paperwork out of the way before I go down to work. In my meeting I'll discuss my availability with the chef. I may just keep things how they are and submit my papers in July because I can make $10,000 if I stay through November. Things will work out right one way or another. (I did notice that 40 missionaries from Japan were sent home a couple months early because of the disaster, so I really just hope my mission papers get processed before they decide to replace those.)

The weather has been very springy. Very nice and warm one week, then cold and wet this week. That trend will continue for another month or two while everything blossoms and turns green(ish) before the summer comes and plant life dies again.

I was reminded this weekend that I am only human and that I did not have enough recipes ready to warrant a catering preview night, so I postponed it. I have 2 chocolate cupcake recipes to test out when it does happen though. One utilizes cocoa powder, the other melted chocolate. We shall see how they look and taste soon.

I would like to share a video that I think Congress and all of Washington should take into account when looking at immigration. You should all find this very well done and informative.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPjzfGChGlE&feature=related
0 Responses

    Followers