Updates

My apologies for the few day break from here. Once again I have been neglecting responsibility and have been staying up much later than my body tells me I should. It will be a huge difference come about 8 weeks when all of a sudden I have to be up and working at about 6 am. Yikes!

Life is going well. My gums are healing fabulously. I did eat softer and liquid foods for the first 48 hours. Thursday night I did eat a bit of normal food as I sampled our Iron Chef recipes we were testing. But it hurt for the first few days to open my mouth more than part-way, so I stuck to smaller, softer foods. The soreness in my jaw has gone away and I can open my mouth as wide as I want. Of course, everyone always tells me to keep my mouth shut anyway, so that doesn't even matter. But, I am taking good care of my mouth and I think I will heal up without any infections or other complications, which is really good. The right side will likely take a little longer to heal and I can tell that. The left never gave me any problems. The left has been almost like I didn't get a tooth extracted. The right side is still healing better than I imagined and the whole process was WAY easier and painless and much less an inconvenience than I thought, so I'm happy.

The whole daylight savings thing was fun again this year. It's nice having the sun still up at 7 pm and I look forward to mid-summer when it's still up at like 8:30 or so. It also makes the mornings easier. With more natural light coming in the bedroom window earlier, I wake up easier.

This week will be a cooking delight. Sunday I made my asian chicken salad. It's very gingery, so most of you wouldn't like it. Thursday is St. Patty's Day and the 2nd Annual dinner at my place. The dinner and party will go perfectly with a viewing of BYU's first NCAA tournament game included. Then this Sunday, I'll be doing my catering preview, where I'll sample some recipes for comments and ratings.

As the semester draws to a close, I have to start downsizing my stuff. I have made some decisions on some things, but many, many more I have no idea what to do. I am going to try to have some sort of a sale where I can just have tons of stuff for sale for cheap. Try to make a few bucks and get rid of stuff. It's not too hard to undercut Provos' Deseret Industry prices because here everything is a few bucks more than all the other DI's in Utah.

Today was a forum address by Micheal Flaherty, the President and Co-Founder of Walden Media. He gave an absolutely AMAZING address on his experiences and how he became who he is and it was just fantastic. You should all try to see it when it replays on BYUtv or something. It was really, really good. And if you haven't seen movies done by Walden Media (which include Charlotte's Webb, Bridge to Terabithia, and the Narnia movies), you should watch them. The company's focus is family oriented media that helps people ask the big questions and grow to be better. I can't stress how great today's forum was.

If anyone in Virginia is bored, help Angela develop her basketball skills. She is at the perfect time to grow to become the Jimmer of women's basketball. Take her to the church and have her dribble down a dark hallway with people jumped out from behind doors.

Annie's birthday is next week...holy cow!

I'll leave you all today with a great poem to inspire you:


The Victor
by: C. W. Longenecker

If you think you are beaten, you are.
If you think you dare not, you don't.
If you like to win but think you can't,
It's almost a cinch you won't.

If you think you'll lose, you're lost.
For out in the world we find
Success begins with a fellow's will.
It's all in the state of mind.
 
If you think you are out classed, you are.
You've got to think high to rise.
You've got to be sure of your-self before
You can ever win the prize.

Life's battles don't always go
To the stronger or faster man.
But sooner or later, the man who wins
Is the man who thinks he can.

0 Responses

    Followers