Cool Day

Today was kind of a crazy day. I have not treated my body well recently, so I slept through my class lecture this morning. There's no deduction for missing class, but I really enjoy the class and there is no good substitute for being there, even if I copy the notes, it's just not as good. So, this morning I felt pretty horrible. Since I felt so bad, I decided I could use a pick me up. Today the auditioned choirs of BYU were doing an assembly for the devotional. I went to that, which really helped me feel better. They sang a bunch of folk songs and ended with a great piece that I do not remember the title of. Regardless, it was what I needed. I also benefited from treating myself to a $3 polish dog at J-Dawgs. If you've never had J-Dawgs, you won't understand how that could make you happy. It was delicious.

I have been in need of a haircut, but they cost a good bit of money and despite their being a $5 available on Wednesdays at a local barber shop, the last 2 times I went to them and have never been satisfied. One time the guys hair cutter thing kept yanking my hair. It wasn't a haircut, it was a hairpull. Anyway, after a good day at work I went to the BYU Barbershop. Since I planned on selling my love sac today, I figured I could afford it.

Public Speaking this evening was phenomenal. We are doing persuasive speeches right now and some of my classmates had great speeches. Mine is next week, so I have a week to stress about it and get it done. What was so great about class was that we had a guest. One of my classmates is the daughter of Olympic Gold Medalist Peter Vidmar. He won 2 golds and a silver in men's gymnastics in the 1984 olympics. He scored a perfect 10 on the pommel horse to win one gold, the team won the team all-around for another gold, and he got silver in the all-around individual. He was the highest scoring gymnast in olympic history. He has tons of big accolades that I could spout out all night, but after the olympics he gave a speech to a group and that developed into a public speaking career that has gone on for 27 years now. It was amazing to hear him talk about his life and how things happened. What's so great about these opportunities is that you get to hear embarrassing stories and awkward moments and things like that. It was really, really cool. He became a gymnast because the current BYU women's gymnastics coach did a performance once that Peter Vidmar saw and he loved it. His father was a gymnast too but passed away before he could see him perform and take him down the gymnastics road. Anyhow, it was really, really awesome to have him in class and talk to us.

After class this evening, I did sell my love sac. I really hate to see it go and all anyone says to me is "Why are you selling it?" (even the people I sold it to wondered why I would get rid of such a comfortable, huge, awesome love sac). I would love to keep it. I would love to take it to Zion's with me. I'm sure there is a spot for it somewhere, but, even if I had room down there for it, I have no way to transport it around with me everywhere. It's 6 feet long, 3-4 feet tall. It just had to be done. I got $30 less than I paid for it for over 6 months ago, so that's pretty dang good. It's a great deal for everyone involved. Next thing to sell is my bike. My bike got me through last summer and the first half of the winter perfectly. I still ride it to work occasionally, but I like walking since it's just a mile, so since I can't take my bike with me either, it's time to sell it. I'd like to get between $75 and $100 for it. I might see if I can get a tune up on it for really cheap so it'll be in great selling condition. It's great how it is, but it has sat in the winter weather, so it could use a little tune up. I shouldn't have much trouble selling it. Many people buy old bikes and fix them and sell them. Since mine needs no fixing, it should sell well.

That's all the news today. It's way late so I best get to sleep. I'm going to have to give up some movies and tv shows I watch with Phillip and my roommate to get the sleep I need from here on out. In just a month I'll be getting up at 5 am for work. I can't be late for that.

Enjoy two totally different songs titled "What a Wonderful World".
0 Responses

    Followers