Ides of March Sweepstakes

This is my second post tonight, so if you didn't already read my regular update, scroll down to it and read it.

I just had to share this. Before class at 4:30 I put up a competition on my Facebook page. I didn't want to just say "beware the Ides of March", so I said that anyone who showed up at my apartment dressed as Julius Caesar between 7 pm and midnight would win my services as a chef for a day. I knew Mike and Annie would likely show up and expect a catered party for 1,000 people, so, since they get all of my greatest food from now till I die, I excluded them from competing. With them excluded, I did not really expect anyone to come. I thought there was about a 1 in a million chance. Well, I am completely surprised to announce that someone took me up on the offer and won my Ides of March Sweepstakes.

At around 10 pm, there was a knock at the door. No one was expecting anyone, so I answered it. To my complete surprise, there stood Mr. Tim Flink, a good friend from my freshman ward, dressed as Julius Caesar, with a toga, belt and even an olive branch crown thing. I admit, I was impressed. For his prize, we will be doing a double date featuring a 3 course menu for dinner.

You have to see it to believe it, so we documented it with pictures. 





0 Responses

    Followers