Winter Returns

The past few days have been absolutely gorgeous. Yesterday and the first half of today were so warm you didn't even need a jacket. It got up to 50 and I just wanted to go lay outside. Sadly, I knew it would all end today. Just as forecast, 30 mph winds began blowing this afternoon, bringing in clouds and then an inch of snow this evening. That's what I love about weather. You could have had the most wonderful picnic in shorts and a t-shirt on dry ground this morning and then gone sledding tonight. Weather may be my fallback if culinary arts fails. I still am fascinated by the weather and study it well.

So I have some goals I would like to accomplish in the remaining couple months this semester. First, I will have my mission papers submitted by the end of this month. If I'm really good, I'll have everything submitted by the end of this week. Second, I'm going to read the New Testament and the Book of Mormon through. Annie read the entire New Testament last week. Not going to lie, I was impressed. Third, I am NOT going to spend money on things I do not need. With that, I'm going to be better at defining "needs" and "wants". Last summer's purchases of a love sac, projector, and ipod were, of course, needs. Those are the only big goals specifically laid out. I have lots of other things I know I need to better at that which I will be more committed to working towards as well. I know we say a lot "go to church, read your scriptures, pray, and fast and all that and life will be good". Let me just say it's so true. Being at BYU people get too religious and caught up in routine and sometimes it loses meaning, but I want to testify that doing those things with purpose and intent makes my life amazing. Just look at how I act and react when I'm not doing those things. I'm not as motivated, I'm not as forgiving, I'm certainly not as pleasant, I don't have as much energy, I can get down quickly. I hope you all recognize the importance of prayer and scripture study in your life. If not, give it a sincere try. The change will be phenomenal.

Make today a great day.

~Jon
PS- if you listen to the song today, stick around for the second verse...this is the only time it's been recorded that I'm aware of...
0 Responses

    Followers