Never Liked Mondays

Today was everything you'd expect from a Monday. The tiring weekend I had culminated in me being completely and utterly exhausted this morning. I stayed in bed later than I've stayed in bed all semester. I got up at 9:40, splashed some water on my face and in me hair and trotted off to work. Only 1 of 3 morning guys were there, so when the one guy left, it was just me for a couple hours. I had a doctor's appointment at 2 so I had to leave around 1:30. I got nervous when none of the afternoon guys showed up either. Finally, at 1:15 someone came. The doctor visit was just peachy. Nothing to make me feel better on a Monday than getting injected with Tuberculosis, peeing in a cup, and having blood drawn. To all you naysayers who think I can't take a needle, I'll have you know I looked directly at the thing sucking my blood away. I didn't stare it down, but it was a solid 3 second look. I still hate needles.

Home from the doctor, I relaxed the rest of the day. I feel asleep to a movie for a good hour or so. I did laundry. I prepped my demonstration speech for class tomorrow. I'm giving my demo on making gift baskets. I figure with Valentine's Day next week it would be a great topic.

I just learned that if you are going to put wild rice in an omelet or burrito, don't saute it with your other ingredients. I had some onion and thyme sauteing and I threw in a handful of wild rice left from the duck yesterday. That stuff started popping like popcorn. My kitchen looks like a war zone now. I'll deal with that mess tomorrow though. I need to get as close to 8 hours of sleep as possible tonight.

Big plans for some great cooking in the coming weeks. Cupcake Lasagna. A couple different simple salsas. Butter Mints (the after dinner kind you have at weddings). Feta and Craisin stuffed Pork Loin. Something new with chicken...can't wait!
0 Responses

    Followers