Best Friday Night

Yesterday (Friday), was a crazy day. I was up at 7:30 to get ready for work at 9. At work I got to do something cool for once and drive to the BYU Radio Shop to get new chargers for our radios and get some parts replaced. It only took like 20 minutes, but it was exciting because usually the most exciting new thing I get to do at work is something lame like office work or shoveling ice and snow (both of which I am still happy to do just because of the variety). Anyway, I left work early to go to the dentist. My teeth are in good order, but I did schedule some work that would be beneficial to do just in case. At the end of this month I'm going in for 2 hours to get a crown replaced and to get an inlay to replace an old filling. Then, in March, I'm getting my two wisdom teeth removed. I didn't think it was necessary, and the dentist almost didn't think so either, but, he recommended we just do it while I'm young to prevent problems later. I only have two upper wisdom teeth, tooth #1 and tooth #16, and the removal won't be too bad. I don't need an oral surgeon, but they will still be cutting them out, so I will swell up a bit.

The dentist took a little longer than expected, so I just went the 2 blocks home to finish some school work up instead of going back to work. I finished my nutrition analysis assignment, which was very intriguing and insightful. After that was in the rest of the day was mine. The plan was to go to the men's volleyball match and then watch a movie and go to bed. Sounds like fun, but what ended up happening was way, way more fun.

Phillip and I were waiting for Phillip's Cougarette friend Amy to come so we could go to the game. Amy was with another Cougarette, Victoria, and they were hungry and wanted to do homework while we went to the game and then they'd come watch a movie. So, since Phillip and I were hungry too, we went to get dinner with them. We went to Cafe Zupas, which is a great soup, salad and sandwich cafe. We never made it to the volleyball game. You may have misconceptions about the Cougarette girls being uptight, exclusive, maybe even abrasive, but then you haven't met Amy and Victoria. After a hilarious and fun 2 hours, we left Zupas. I'll summarize the rest of the night because it was so spontaneous. We went to Spoon It Up and had some dang delicious frozen yogurt. Then, we went to Victoria's house, where several other Cougarettes live. A group of them were going to a big party and were all dressed up, so we took pictures for them and sent them off. Then we added another one to our entourage and headed to say hi to one of their friends, who is an athletic trainer. This trainer and her roommate were a riot. We almost peed ourselves laughing over there. After another hour or so, it was almost 11, so we had to get a movie going soon. The girls had to be up at 7:30 for a brutal day of practice and a performance at the basketball game, so we let them go home and Phillip and I went home, where Evan and my roommate Brandon joined us for a movie. It was by far the most entertaining Friday night we have had in a long time and when we finally got to bed at about 3 am, it wasn't hard to zonk right out.
0 Responses

    Followers