Lasagna Cupcakes

I wish I was in culinary school right now. That is really the only thing that could make me happier right now. Today I had my cupcake night. I made red 2 dozen red velvet cupcakes with cream cheese frosting and then 2 dozen lasagna cupcakes, and all of it was from scratch (minus the lasagna noodles). I make a mean white sauce lasagna and tonight the white sauce was so delicious. I wanted to eat the entire dozen of those myself. I'm not as fond of my tomato sauce, but the red wine pomodoro sauce I made today was ok. I'm going to be reading up on my tomato sauce making and improving it. The red velvet was a huge hit. I topped them with the homemade cream cheese frosting and fresh raspberries. I've never made cupcakes from scratch, but they were so good that I'm grabbing a pint of buttermilk tomorrow so I can make more. There was plenty of leftover frosting, so it's a win-win. On a scale of 1-10, with 1 being "EWW, I THINK I'M GONNA BE SICK" and 10 being "THIS WAS SO GOOD I'M SPEECHLESS", I rate tonight's meal an 8.75. If I improve my methods (there were plenty of little obstacles I had to overcome tonight) and improve my tomato sauce, this could easily become a signature favorite of mine. I already love it. It's super fun to make, super delicious, and it just looks so amazing when you pull them out of the pan. I have a picture of them in the pan. Once we tasted how good they were we didn't think to take pictures of them on a plate, but I'll make it again soon and take pictures. I need to start documenting my food so you all can see it.

 This is the white sauce one. The mozzarella cheese on top was slow to brown so I just threw a spinach leaf on with a teeny little taste of the pomodoro sauce. That added great color and also a nice extra flavor.


I still can't get over how good tonight's meal was. I wish I had leftovers to eat later, but there was nothing left except for the sauces, which I will eat with pasta this week. 


Happy Valentine's Day to everyone! Enjoy the love music.
0 Responses

    Followers