Friday Already...

Well, this week has just flown by. It's Monday, then I blink and Friday is here. It has been a good week. I had a nutrition exam Wednesday. On the first exam I accidentally missed a section to study and got 77%. I enjoy this class too much to get a score that low, so I made sure I internalized as much information as I could. I had lots of fun studying and it paid off. There were still a few questions I was a little unsure of, but I was confident through most of the test and I came out with 88%!! The class average for the first test was 82% so I was just below average. The average on this one was 80% and it was considered a harder exam. I was high above the average! Let me just say that classes you really enjoy are SO much more fun and are way easier if you have the right mindset. My mindset is that I want to learn as much as possible in this class and be able to use that information to help people follow good nutrition, so I am doing well in the class. Next week our 3rd assignment is due. That assignment will be a piece of cake. I have to make an entree and then answer some questions. The hardest part for me will be to decide what delicious recipe I'm going to make.

Today, Mike and I went to the Utah Valley Better Business Expo. It's a huge annual trade show at UVU where business people come to network and such. We had catered lunch from Tucano's Brazilian Grill and Chef's Table Restaurant, both of which had great food. Then we walked up and down the hundreds of booths, collecting swag and occasionally stopping to chat about different businesses. We came away with a good size bag of cool stuff. It was lots of fun.

This weekend is super busy with sports. Tonight was volleyball. Tomorrow is volleyball. Saturday morning is the BYU @ SDSU game. Right after that we're going to the Marriott to watch the women's basketball play SDSU. After that I'm going to the gymnastic meet (Phillip is one of the student athletic trainers for the women's gymnastics team so I go to all the meets) with my Cougarette friends. By the way, the SDSU game will air on CBS, so everyone should be able to watch it. Find an antenna or something. It will be a great game. Sunday I will definitely need a nice, long nap.

That's all I have to report. Working on finishing mission papers up. Gotta get a haircut and make sure I get the insurance information correct. Payday tomorrow so I'll stop by the barber shop on the way home from work.

I have a funny youtube video we watched in nutrition today. It's 6 minutes long, but you really only have to watch a couple minutes so you don't get annoyed. The music starts after about 20 seconds, so be patient.

Be ready to laugh: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhIsJxTBsLs
0 Responses

    Followers