The Announcement

I said I had a big announcement, here it is:




Yep, beginning in just a month and a half, I will be returning to college at Utah State University to pursue a degree in Political Science. I am excited, nervous, freaking out, and still kind of shell shocked that I put everything together in literally a matter of just a few short days (everything was done in one day except my BYU transcript because I had to fix an administrative oversight to up my GPA before it was sent). I can't apply for federal aid or scholarships this semester, so, donations can be sent to my address here in Logan...seriously. Not. Even. Joking. Send money.


In other news, I neglected to mention that on Sunday I watched Felix Baumgartner's 24 mile skydive live. I took pictures on my phone and screen grabs on my computer throughout. It was really amazing to watch.

Also, today was Cami Appreciation Day. Let me explain. Cami has had a lot of little medical problems throughout this year. Her wisdom teeth were taken out way back in May and she has had infections and complications that continue even today. She hurt her back and has had pain from that all year. She has a little cyst on her neck and recently had a pain in her thumb diagnosed as a growth on her tendon, which may have to be cut off (the growth, not the thumb). This morning, she had to once again be inconvenienced by going to the doctor, this time at 6 am, to have her finger MRI'd. Seeing as none of these problems are quick fixes and she keeps being inconvenienced by doctors and such, I thought that she could use some positivity to distract her from all the dumb negative stuff that undoubtedly is causing her some stress. So, the other day, I decided that today would be Cami Appreciation Day. I shared the below poem with her last night, surprised her with this delivery of flowers today, and had a bunch of people at work send her picture messages of them holding signs that said "Happy Cami Appreciation Day!"

The Poem:

Thank you for the smiles you share, that brighten up each day,
thank you for the hugs you give, that make me feel ok.
Thank you for the time that you have spent to be with me,
thank you just for being, all that you can be.

I remember on my birthday, my family states away,
I had no expectation, to have a special day.
But then you came to celebrate, with presents in your hand,
for me, so undeserving, I could not understand.

Another day, I do recall, when I had my teeth cleaned,
my insurance refused to pay, and so you intervened.
Without a hesitation, you stepped right in and paid,
once again, me undeserving, you came and gave me aid.

Each day we go about our lives, just hoping for the best,
which often leaves us vulnerable, to life’s most brutal tests.

And so today, the table’s turned, and I’d like to give to you,

a day of appreciation, for everything you do.

The Flowers:   




The Message I sent after work:  



Today, our Song of the Day is part of Cami Appreciation Day. It's "When I Look at You" by Miley Cyrus and is dedicated to my best friend, Cami Nicole Bodily.



 

0 Responses

    Followers