Recently

Boy, what a week it has been. Well, that's not really true. Most of the week was uneventful.

I spent a little time each day working on that thing I cannot formally announce quite yet, though there are now a small handful of people who are aware of it. I am awaiting an official certain something before I make my formal, official announcement to everyone.

Wednesday we did go play volleyball for 3 hours at the church. As a result, my entire body from my chest up hurt real good come Thursday morning. I took ibuprofen responsibly but frequently between Wednesday night and Friday.

Saturday I worked a bit, watched a little football, and then had an overwhelmingly joyful evening with Cami. I had not seen her in a couple weeks and had only talked to her a little. Come to find out my phone has not been sending and receiving texts very well, which led to even less communication between us. But the evening was beyond words. Cami and I began hanging out back in March and since then, with the exception of a short period, we have talked and shared things and been in close contact throughout most days. So, the past two weeks have been just excruciatingly difficult for me. I have made no secret of the close friendship we share and at times it seemed as if that was about to be lost. When you date someone and break up, it is painful. But when you share a strong relationship with a person who you care deeply about, even the thought of losing that, to me, is such an indescribable pain. I thought I was losing my best friend, and I am extraordinarily thrilled and humbled to have had the opportunity to reaffirm that friendship.

Sunday was church and rest and the season premiere of The Walking Dead. Now I have to live each week dying over the cliff hangers and trying to figure out what's going to happen next!

Today, Monday, I have the day off and am going to have my malfunctioning phone assessed, bake some zucchini bread, do laundry, clean, and provide dinner for FHE for the ward.

The song of the day is a piano version of "When I Look at You", performed by Sunny Choi. I chose it because the song has been on my mind for a couple weeks and last Monday on my day off I wanted to be able to play the song, so I sat at the piano, worked out the chords, and can now play most of it fairly decently. I like the song, but I like playing it even more. It is kind of special to me.

0 Responses

    Followers