Pushing Along

Life continues to move along quickly this year in the Logan area. Not even Halloween yet and we have had our first major winter storm, which dumped several inches of snow across the valley with much more in the mountains. It was a very wet snow too. Generally, about one foot of snow accumulation yields one inch of liquid water. In this storm, we had between 2-3 inches of snow, containing 1.42 inches of liquid water. It has snowed on and off since the main storm hit Tuesday, but the snow is gone from the ground now. The mountains look stunning in their majestic white.

This evening, I witnessed a heavenly sunset over the mountains. The sun had come out after more snow had blown through and there were some higher clouds hovering above the mountain. As the bright sun dipped below the peaks, it radiated a magnificent brightness off the clouds and it just looked amazing. Usually a great sunset here is because of the pinks and oranges, but this one was a beautiful bright yellow contrasted against a very blue sky and highlighted by the snow-capped mountain peaks. It was a moment I wish I could share in picture with you, though even a picture could not capture the majesty of the moment.

I do, however, have a picture of the snow.



I recently announced I was going back to school and asked for donations. As of this writing, there have still been zero donations, so, I recently began looking for a part-time night job. There isn't much out there, but I hope to find something to help alleviate the burden.

The following video I shared on Facebook and would like to share again here. I like it because I think it helps show the passion and patriotism Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan have for this country that I think our current president seriously lacks. President Obama did not grow up in America. He grow up overseas seeing America differently. He does not love America and you can hear it every time he speaks. You can hear it emanate from Romney when he talks about how great we can be.





Today, the Song of the Day is "Hazy Shade of Winter" by Simon and Garfunkel.

0 Responses

    Followers