Conference Weekend

It was a peaceful weekend in Provo. I drove down Friday at mid-day, made good time and good gas mileage. Mike and I met up, had some dinner and headed over to the #4/#6 ranked BYU Women's Soccer match against #21 Santa Clara. It was a sluggish game for both sides, which was really taxing to watch. It ended in a 0-0 tie.

From there we hustled to the football stadium and watched BYU defeat Utah State 6-3. It was a late game and we got out of the stadium near midnight. Hungry and cold from hours of outdoor sports, we ducked into Denny's and enjoyed a hot meal. Finally around 1 in the morning we got to bed.

Saturday morning dawned and we streamed conference. We were surprised as everyone else to hear the changes to the missionary ages. We watched the two Saturday sessions. I may have dozed for a minute here or there, but caught the vast majority of it.

After the two sessions, we actually got up, showered, and got ready for priesthood session. With some time to kill before it began, we drove around town a little and saw all the changes that have been made in the past year and a half. The Provo Tabernacle, soon to be the Provo City Center Temple, has the spires off as the work to secure the shell of the building. New housing on campus is under aggressive construction, with some buildings open and several more to be finished in the coming year. Seven Peaks Water Park added one small slide, but has tons of locations under their new brand that includes several Trafalgas and other water parks in the wasatch region. Most things are the same and I had fond memories of fun times past as we drove around the area I lived for 3 years.

Priesthood session was good and we rewarded ourselves for staying through the prayer in the Marriott Center with a pizza. Then we watched some of the always hilarious Hogan's Heroes and turned in.

Sunday was two more sessions of conference, a Skype session with all of the family that lives out East, and me packing up and heading back to Logan. I have Monday off, but decided to come back Sunday night so I could get some things done in Logan.

This week is rather uneventful. I work during the days and will fill the evenings with activities as they come. I have some very time sensitive things to take care of concerning something I am working on, though I cannot elaborate any further than that at this time.

I did come up with a motto for life this weekend. I was reflecting on some things and this just came to my mind:


Live today with the experience of yesterday building your vision for tomorrow.





0 Responses

    Followers