These Are a Few of My Favorite Things

I think a lot about things. I think about who I am. I think about where I am going. I think about lesser things like what will I do after work today? Or, which shirt would be most comfortable to sit around in? It seems that I am always thinking. Today, I have been thinking about my life and how I can stay positive all the time. So, today I am just going to free write off the top of my head about some things that make me truly happy.

Nature. Whether it be an approaching storm with billowing clouds, birds gently chirping in the trees, a glorious sunrise or majestic sunset, high mountain streams, or a campfire with friends, I always feel close to God and find raw joy in nature. All my life, I have learned to love nature; she is beautiful, majestic, fierce, dangerous, and so much more. She is true. She is pure. She is solace. I respect her. To me, she is life.

Music. There are countless styles and forms of music. From the rain dances of Africa (I love listening to Alex Boye sing and dance in African style) to the country, rock, hip-hop, and most of the genres of Western civilization, there is good music out there. I especially enjoy music that speaks with powerful emotion, or tells a story. Music with meaning is powerful to me and can help me through an array of situations in life.

Home. I have lived in many places and currently live 2,090 miles from home. That is 2,090 miles from my mom, my dad, my sisters, my dog, my piano, home cooking, constant laughter, and a feeling of peace. I love living in Utah, but I love visiting home. It rejuvenates me.

Church. Every time I am struggling, I go to church and I find peace. Sometimes when struggling with one thing, I find answers to another. I always have friends at church and I always have support at church. Whenever I am lost, I find it is usually because I have neglected my duties to God, and I immediately work to get back on track.

These are just a few of the things that bring me happiness. There are many places to find happiness if we only let ourselves find it. Often the biggest obstacle in the way of joy and happiness is our own stubbornness and neglect. If you are unhappy, look first at yourself, then ask God for help, then open your eyes to the world around you. The world is a mess, but happiness is never too far away.

Today, our Song of the Day is "You'll Never Walk Alone". I hope this inspirational song and my thoughts on happiness help you all find a bit of joy today.


When you walk through a storm
Hold your head up high
And don't be afraid of the dark

At the end of the storm
Is a golden sky
And the sweet silver song of the lark

Walk on through the wind
Walk on through the rain
Though your dreams be tossed and blown

Walk on walk on with hope in your heart
And you'll never walk alone
You'll never walk alone
0 Responses

    Followers