Watch Those Rocks!

The end of my week did not quite turn out how I expected. Having put 40 hours in already by mid-day Thursday and with the prep work done through Saturday, I was granted Friday off. I had no major plans besides cleaning the house and relaxing, but, of course, life had a different plan for me.

As I was cleaning Friday, the landscapers were out mowing the neighborhood. A little after they left, my roommate Aaron came and told me that something had broken a window on my car. I went out and looked and found this:


After inspecting for some time, we found areas of obvious impact (see below) where a foreign object had cracked the window. With the integrity of the glass compromised, the heat, which had caused the windows to expand, caused the entire window to fall apart. 






I made reports to insurance, police, and then contacted the Home Owners Association. The guy in charge of the HOA, who happens to live next door, told me to get it fixed and they would have to pay. So I took that car and got several estimates on a replacement. Later, the head of the landscaping company came and I showed him the damage, as well the exact rock we found that was broken on two sides and the two sides that were found at my car. With all the evidence collected, there is no doubt that a rock was hit by the mower, which shot at my car and broke the window. The landscaper said he was going to talk to his insurance and get back to me. I'm concerned they will try to refuse to fix it, at which point I will send my insurance after theirs because it is indisputable what happened.

Ultimately, I am not upset. As long as my window gets fixed, I am ok with it. Accidents happen.

Somewhat along the lines of broken car windows, tonight, Cami and I are going to a demolition derby. She was out of town for the last one, so we had to make sure she gets to go to one this year. There is another one in a month, but we know for sure she can go to this one, so we are going! This will make my third derby this year. Two as a spectator, one as an official. And hopefully I will be an official judge again next month if I do not have to work during that one.

That's the news here. Song of the Day is "Life is a Highway".
0 Responses

    Followers