The Weekend

The sun is setting on what has been a fantastic and fun weekend. Friday was, of course, date night. If you remember, Cami picked "yellow". Some of you guessed it...it had to do with flowers. Specifically, yellow meant a sunflower arrangement. Here is a picture of it.



You can't make out what else is in the arrangement and I am blanking on flower names right now...but I chose it because the sunflower reminds me of Cami.

The date night was very exciting and fun. I had been looking forward to it all week and I was especially happy all Friday, as some of my co-workers pointed out. Anyway...we had a good time putting through 18 holes of mini golf, which ended in a tie score. After that, we changed our plan a little and ate at Village Inn and ended up skipping dessert. We were going to join some people for a movie at my house, but no one was sure who was coming or when, so we just went to Cami's and had a nice cuddle.


There was one thing that happened before Friday I wanted to share. Cami and I came across some cupcakes we had to make. Thursday we made them. Here is a picture:









These are our sea turtle cupcakes!













Moving on to Saturday. I took a shift for a few hours Saturday from 10-4, but was done around 2. Cami had her niece staying with her for the weekend, so she brought her up to campus for lunch. We ate in the Marketplace and then went down to the bookstore...which is technically renamed the Campus Store. It is well known I am a BYU fan and while I am very happy being at USU, I am still not super fond of wearing their apparel. Through an employee recognition program we have in Dining Services that perpetuates our values, I recently earned $35 in gift cards to the Campus Store. I may have mentioned to some of you that last year I walked through the bookstore 3 or 4 times trying to buy something for the winter for myself. I could never do it and ended up just getting a jacket at Old Navy. At Christmas, I did get a $20 card I used on a water bottle for work. So, this year, as I realized I would have some gift cardage to use again, I asked Cami if she might want anything from the book/campus store. She told me she loves sweats, so Saturday I took her down and she picked out some comfortable sweats for lounging in.

After that we took her niece swimming, then packed up a picnic to take to the Preston, Idaho Demolition Derby. We picked up two more younglings at her home in Cove and headed across the border. Myles and three mutual friends from work joined us when the derby got under way and we all had a real fun time watching the "car crashes", as Cami had cutely coined it for the kids. Plenty of hard hits, one injury, tons of rednecks, and this great moment that happened not more than 50 feet in front of us:




That was one of my top moments of the night, but the best was when I was grabbing some grub for my gal and the Lion's Club fellers selling the food informed everyone that they were out of Mountain Dew. Word spread quickly through the line and I nearly died as I heard the outrage as the rednecks and hicks realized there was no more Dew!! Some people even left the line in outrage. You know you are in Preston when there's a near riot for running out of Mountain Dew. Thank goodness Cami loves Dr. Pepper!

The kids loved the "car crashes" and I even got them to go out and dance during a dance off before the finals. They were about as nervous as I was but eventually they danced. The derby was a great end to a great weekend. Today it was church and rest. Tomorrow, work and pay all the bills. Such is the life we lead, but that makes the fun times we share with the ones we love that much sweeter.

It's hard to find good songs with this new format, but this one is nice and slow and I like it. It's "You are My Sunshine". It's all I could think of with the sunflowers on the page...
0 Responses

    Followers