William Wallace and Windows

On this day in 1305, the Guardian of Scotland, Sir William Wallace, was hanged, drawn, and quartered. I have declared today William Wallace Day. FREEDOM!!!!



Today I also took my car in and got the window fixed. The insurance of the landscapers covered it. Here is a masterfully taken picture of the window, complete with an artistic reflection of me.


 

This past week has been a little bit buzzier than normal. Utah State starts school on Monday, so most everyone has been coming back this week. The Marketplace opened last Saturday so we are back to having lots of people around at work. Angela should be happy she is not already back in school, as most of Utah K-12's have already started.

This coming weekend will be a fun one. Friday, I am taking Cami mini golfing. It was supposed to be a mystery date where she answered questions throughout the week and on Friday I revealed it all, but she figured it out by Tuesday. Apparently I'm not as clever as I thought, so I will have to work on that! Here is how it went. Sunday I asked: Pink, Yellow, Red, or Blue? She chose yellow, but has not figured that one out yet and I won't reveal it either. Monday I asked: Fast or Slow? Fast meant fast food and we would eat at Chick-Fil-A. Slow meant a sit down restaurant and we would eat at a Mexican place called Cafe Sabor (which she said she likes). She chose slow, but later said she would probably rather have Chick-Fil-A...so we'll see what happens. Tuesday night she was already onto what it all meant, so I went ahead and delivered the rest of the week's questions for her to decipher. Tuesday's question was: Mini, Motion, or Machine? She figured out mini was mini golf and motion was motion picture. I told her machine was tractor pull. She really wanted mini golf and chose that. Wednesday's question was hot or cold? Hot meant we'd get pie at Village Inn, cold meant ice cream at Charlies. She deciphered cold really quick but could not figure out hot. She chose it and was pleased when I told her what is was, as she loves pie from Village Inn. Thursday was a bonus question and it was half or full? Half meant I would trim my sideburns up a little for her. She has wanted to see what they look like trimmed up for a while. Full meant they stay at my jaw line. She said full, but as a surprise, on Wednesday I trimmed them for her anyway :)

So our date is pretty much set. Tomorrow I'll reveal what yellow meant and we'll enjoy a nice evening out. For those of you who wanted to see...here's the sideburns up...which she likes by the way.



I think that's about all I have to tell for now. Tune in again soon to hear what yellow meant!

There are two Songs of the Day today. One is "In Dreams" from Lord of the Rings, the other, a William Wallace Day special: the Sons of Scotland Freedom Speech (disclaimer, it does say a** once).
0 Responses

    Followers