March

The days have gone by so quick lately. It seems that no more than a week has passed since I moved to Logan, but all of a sudden, it is March. The clocks will soon spring ahead, the daffodils and tulips will emerge from their winter slumber, and before you know it, the snow will all but disappear.

It was nearly one year ago to the day that my life finally found some sort of direction following a two year mess brought on by illness and poor choices of young adulthood. I know it has not been what I planned, nor what anyone expected, but I cannot deny that the past year has been positive for me. I lived in Provo for years and did not seem to be able to pick myself back up. The resort sent a million volts into me and helped me find my motivation again, which has translated into this phenomenal learning experience here in Logan. It was a rough start at my old apartment, but now I have a place I love and I am in control again. I was blessed to find a piano that more than suits my needs for an unheard of, unimaginable price of $60. It is difficult to explain how greatly that will affect my life. I'm not any sort of concert pianist and what little skill I have will never be heard beyond my living room and maybe a classroom at church, but I did not buy a piano to impress anyone or to show off, I bought a piano because music calms and soothes my soul and helps me find peace. Helps me find my true self.

Anyway...things are good here. I worked 71 hours last week helping run catering while the chefs were away at a conference in Vegas. It was stressful but I gained valuable experience, and more immediately important, the overtime money is much needed right now. As most of you know by now, I got a new phone. It has been fantastic for me and I'm very grateful for Brett, the Verizon Sales Rep, who was extremely helpful to me. Getting a new phone was necessary and because of him I have absolutely no doubt that I got a real good deal that is affordable for me and will serve my needs for as long as I need it to.

In other news, Mitt Romney has had a strong month with victories coming in Maine, Arizona, Michigan, and Washington state. His momentum has hit perfectly to poise him for a strong showing on Super Tuesday. I expect him to do well, to pull away soon and hopefully secure the nomination by the beginning of April. Many have voiced their support for other candidates, but, as I said before, I have spent 7 months now following the GOP race very closely and I firmly believe that Mitt Romney is the best suited to restore America's economy and greatness and the most prepared to defeat Obama, who I really do think is in way over his head and should not be running for re-election.

Last but not least, only 2 months and 1 day until Cinco de Mayo!

Enjoy the song of the day. It is the Piano Guy's mix up of One Republic's "Secrets" and Beethoven's 5th called "Beethoven's 5 Secrets."
0 Responses

    Followers