I Just Can't Seem to Get it Right Today

I have to be honest here: I've been struggling. Last year, everything was going right and I was extremely happy. Then, it seems like I made every wrong decision and spiraled back down to where I once was. Being down is not the best place to be, but you see a different perspective. I see the difference in who I was a year ago and who I am now. I recognize the difference between being generally happy and being truly happy. I've been in this dark place before and it is not a place I want to linger for long. I climbed back up before and I intend to do it again, but this time I plan on climbing higher and filling in this dismal pit of sorrow once and for all.

I thank all of you for following me through my triumphs and struggles. Somehow, making myself vulnerable by putting my life out for everyone to see helps me.

Moving forward, I want to share some useful words from the great Dr. Seuss; words which are the starting point for my return to where I want to be.

"You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You're on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go..."



and most importantly...


"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
Nothing is going to get better. It's not."


I care. A whole awful lot...



Song of the day is "Skycraper" by: Demi Lovato...the lyrics pretty much explain why...

0 Responses

    Followers