Music

Greetings and salutations from the land of Logan. It has been quite some time since I last posted. I have been pretty lazy recently. I go to work, then I come home and basically sit around. The past month or so has been very unproductive, so today I began productivity again. I mailed Annie's check today, took some dry cleaning in to the cleaners, got the rock chip fixed in my window and almost finished outfitting my closet for winter. I'm on a tight budget, so I have been looking around for low prices on long sleeves. I found them at Old Navy today. I got 2 long sleeve shirts, one with BYU stuff on it from Old Navy's new collegiate line and a light hoodie. All I really lack is a pair of khakis or corduroy pants. I have my one pair of jeans for the year, but I need more than one pair of pants and this year I am opting for khakis. It's only fitting since almost all of my clothes are blue. This year there has been a new blue offered in lots of clothes and I love it. It's like a charcoal blue, I'd have to show you pictures, but I've bought up a lot in that color. Anyway, khakis would look great with my blue and be good for church, so I gotta find some at the right price. My problem is that pants today are all "loose" and I'm too darn skinny to fill em' out. The one pair that would have worked today in my price range did not come in my waist size. So the search continues. All I need to be set for winter is this one pair of pants and some driving gloves. I sent mine home cuz I knew you all would like them, so I'll likely just get a pair from wal-mart.

I really got on here to share some music with you all today. If you recall, back on September 11th, I had some moving music for the songs of the day. One of those was a great rendition of "Till We Meet Again" by a fellow named Steven Sharp Nelson. After I found that song and put it on for that day, I never looked into him or anything like that. Then, today, I was on YouTube looking for some Vocal Point music and came across this cello player who had recorded an arrangement of "Nearer My God to Thee" that a Vocal Point alumnist had arranged. With that song being one of my favorite hymns and that arrangement being particularly favored by me, I clicked. For the next hour or so, I watched and listened to several amazing performances by this fellow, whose name is Steven Sharp Nelson. The videos were both moving and inspiring and Nelson plays often with Jon Schmidt on piano. But to make a long story short (TOO LATE!), this evening I was playlist.com searching for this Nelson fellow and came across that "Till We Meet Again" song and as I was listening, it hit me that I had heard this guy before! There is a group of guys who make these videos called The Piano Guys and they make great stuff. Anywho, I wanted to share some of the moving and inspiring music I heard today. Hopefully you find the performances as fun to watch and the music as calming to hear as I did.






1 Response

    Followers