Weekend For Me!

This week was ideal. After working Monday-Saturday last week, I had Monday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday off this week. My weekend has already begun!

As soon as I got my schedule for the week, I made plans to take a little fun break. I'm spending another sport-filled weekend down in Provo with Mike. Tonight (Friday), I'm setting up the projector at Evan's and we're having a BYU football party. We'll watch the BYU-TCU game on ESPN on the big, big screen. Then, Saturday at 1 pm we're hitting up the last women's soccer game. After that, Mike and I are heading up to Salt Lake to Rio Tinto Stadium to go to our first pro soccer game. Real Salt Lake is taking on Seattle in a playoff match. Sunday, I'll go to church with Mike then head back to Logan to resume work Monday. I'm looking forward to a really fun weekend just chillin' with my friends down south.

I only have one other thing to share today. As I was making a quick stop at Wal-Mart this evening to grab a couple things, I had a chuckle-to-myself moment. I was standing in line and had put my items on the belt. I placed them far enough behind the person in front's stuff so that the cashier could differentiate our things. They have those dividers you can put between your stuff if you want, but I usually see no need to use them. As my stuff moved forward, the couple behind me put their things on the belt. The wife placed their things behind enough to differentiate, but after a moment, the husband looked and grabbed the divider with a bit of gusto and placed it between our stuff. I laughed to myself because it appeared that he was insecure with the idea of nothing physically separating the two groups of items, which were easily a foot and a half apart or more, as if maybe his items would get rung up with mine and nothing could be done to fix it. It just got me thinking about how many things like that there are that we get too used to. I think we can all be a little bit more relaxed and not worry about those little things! I really think that man would have been distraught if that little piece of plastic had not been there to separate my groceries from theirs. Here's to me being a rebel and not using those silly little barriers.

Oh, and how can I forget, I picked up another follower! Welcome to the blog my recently married sister Amelia and her husband Max.

There are 2 Songs of the Day and they are all about how I feel about the upcoming weekend!
0 Responses

    Followers