The Colonel's Conundrum

I know that my blog has been difficult at times to follow. It started in 2008 and failed, or rather, I failed. Then in 2009 there were 2 posts. Then in 2010 when I turned my life around, I posted frequently. The second half of last year I posted almost every day. Then the posts dropped in number to about every other day. Looking at the history, I realize why my posts have been so scattered. During times of struggle, I do not post much, if anything. During times where I am doing well and life is great on all fronts, I post frequently. It is an interesting thing I do with my emotions. When I am doing well, I am much more social, friendly and optimistic. When I am not doing so well, I become reclusive, antagonistic and a brutal pessimist. As you can tell by my lack of posts during very strenuous times in my life, I do not like talking about my problems. Though, if things are going well, I am more open to talking about my problems. Ultimately, I think this makes me a confusing person. I think my conundrum in dealing with my problems is that same one I have in dealing with others' problems. I simply do not know how to react well to emotions, both emotions conveyed and emotions received. Inside, I am actually pretty sensitive to emotion. I feel much more emotion than I show, and at times I wish I would simply not feel so much emotion so I would not have to struggle in my efforts to respond to it.

Whew...look at me go talking about emotions. I admit that was an interesting train of thought. I was just trying to detail how far my blog has come over the past couple years and ended up doing some soul searching. Normally I would go erase all this talk of emotion, but I think it is fitting that since my blog and blog support have come so far, I would be taking a step back by not sharing this post.

A little on the less exciting side, I added a weather widget. It shows the weather here in Logan, but you can type in your city and it will take you to your weather. Who knows, maybe one day you'll be reading my blog and for whatever reason you'll need to know what the weather will be like where you are. Now it is conveniently located for you right on my blog!

I also picked up another official follower, which is exciting for me. Welcome to the blog Sarah Knowlton.

Hopefully you listened to the cello music yesterday so you will better appreciate today's song of the day. The song today is the vocal arrangement that yesterday's cello video was based on. The cello version was amazing and if you did not listen, you should scroll on down and hear it now!
1 Response
  1. Sarah Says:

    Hey! That's me :) I like your writing style colonel.


    Followers