Friday and Saturday

I decided to hold off posting until the excitement of the weekend had concluded. I can now give a full report on the events of Friday and Saturday.

I had a feeling I had to be on the lookout for idiot drivers when I left Logan Friday morning. Thank goodness I was alert, because I had to swerve very quickly to avoid an accident in Salt Lake. Traffic was flowing smoothly but at one little section on the far end of the Salt Lake Valley, there was some sort of maintenance vehicle working on the left side, slowing traffic a little. We slowed to about 40 as we went through the short area being maintained. This one guy had been zipping in and out of lanes thinking he and his sleek little car could get through quicker if he did some good maneuvering. As I was directly next to him, he decided he wanted to be where I was. Without checking, he started zipping over into my lane. I saw it in the nick of time and managed to swerve enough out of the way while laying on my horn to avoid both a collision with him and a collision with the next lane over. The idiot got pretty freaked out, because when traffic sped right back up moments later, he moved to the middle lane and went much slower than he had been going earlier. I just shook my head, grateful to have avoided an accident for the second time in the past couple months.

One other traffic story, this one more funny. As Mike and I were leaving his place, we were on the road waiting to turn right. I had my blinker on and people were lined up behind us waiting their turn. Then some idiot, oblivious to all of us, pulled up on my right, also wanting to turn right. I moved in his way, honked my horn, gave him a confused look, then made my turn. He came to his senses, realized what a dumb move he made, and that was the last we saw of him. We laughed the whole way to Evan's place where we were setting up to watch the BYU-TCU football game.

The football game was not a highlight of my weekend. BYU made way too many mistakes and gave the game up in the end. Easily could have taken that game, but just did not play smart.

Saturday we headed to the final home game for the BYU women's soccer team. That also was not a highlight, with a tough 1-0 loss. That game also could have gone our way, but we just struggled to get a goal.

The big highlight of the weekend, apart from hanging out with Mike and some friends all weekend, was going to the Real Salt Lake playoff game vs. Seattle. We had great seats, got free scarves and bags in the pre-game party outside the stadium, and the game was AMAZING! Real Salt Lake dominated throughout, finishing with a shut-out 3-0 victory! RSL will play Seattle again Wednesday and will likely advance in the playoffs. What was really a sight to see Saturday was Mike and I wearing red! The only red we own are soccer jerseys. Mike has his from Korea, I have mine from Germany. We wore our red proudly and cheered RSL to a great victory!

Sunday will be restful. Church in the morning, drive back in the afternoon, take it easy in Logan before working again Monday.

Since you will all be reading this Sunday, our song of the day will be Sunday appropriate.
0 Responses

    Followers