So it begins...

Today I got my official start on finally moving out of my apartment. I spent about 4 hours or so packing up what I could pack and getting rid of what I could today. I emptied my suitcases of their storage and got all of the boxes I've been saving out so I could get an idea of what I'm dealing with. My plan is to head down to Zion's with just a couple suitcases. I have used my hard shell suitcase to store all of my personal things to save like cards and pictures and newspapers and things like that. I'm hoping to find someone in the family this week who will let me store that and a few small boxes for awhile. I am packing up my non-perishable food for Mike and Camilla to have. I'll also put together a college starter kit for Camilla so she won't have to spend too much money on kitchen supplies.

It hadn't really hit me until the last couple days that I am really leaving. Today with the packing it kind of hit like a freight train. After nearly 3 years in this apartment and in this ward, it's crazy to think of how different things will be. It's more than just a move. It's a huge lifestyle change. In a matter of one weekend, I'll go from a big town to the middle of nowhere. I'm leaving all of my friends behind. But, all the not-so-positives aside, I'm really excited. I'll be working in a kitchen again, running the morning operations and learning all I can about everything culinary so I can become a chef. I'll be working on becoming certified in the ACF too, which is really exciting for me. This summer, I'll be saving up practically all of my pay and FINALLY submitting my mission papers. This summer, some of the best scenery in the country will be at my disposal for me to explore. I'll also get to cater Amelia's wedding and spend a couple days at home. This summer is going to rock.

Stay tuned this week for the tribute post to my apartment.
0 Responses

    Followers