End of School

Classes are over and all that remains is finals and moving before my summer begins.

But, before I even get to all that, I have lots to share. First, my youtube premier. For public speaking, we had a group project where we had to make a video. We took a commercial about adoption that aired between conference sessions and made it into a documentary about our teacher, who we call Coach, because she's more of our public speaking coach than a teacher. There are things you need to know before watching the video. First, in demonstration speeches throughout the semester, she told us all the truth about the first thanksgiving; also, she told us how she had 3 black cats growing up, and they all died, so she was the bad luck instead of the black cats; next, she gave a speech about flag burning and how she thinks it is ok, and finally, she went sky diving once before. Oh, and she is extremely energized and crazy...in a good way. Basically, lots of it is inside jokes, but you can still enjoy it. What impresses me about it is that we had only 45 minutes to film everything and the battery was about to die on our camera, so everything is completely improvised.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jF6cYA0wkls


This week went by quickly. All of a sudden it's time to start packing and take finals. Today though, we had the annual Physical Facilities Student Appreciation BBQ. Vehicle Rental, where I work, is part of physical facilities. Physical facilities is one of the most important departments. Essentially nothing happens without us. Grounds, custodial, all the shops (electrical, paint, auto, carpet, woodwork, etc.), the motor pool/vehicle rental, central heating and a few others are all part of it. Physical Facilities employs thousands of students. Anyway, every year they have a bbq on the soccer field. It was great fun and free food. They gave out lots of cheap prizes like frisbees, cups, thermos cups, hats and stuff...whatever surplus they could get from across campus basically. I won a shirt and I picked out a Cougarettes shirt, which I am proudly wearing right now. It's from their dance camp last year, but, I figure since I supported the Cougarettes a lot this year and went to parties with them and hung out with some of them, I should have a shirt from them. My life is now complete.

After eating 2 chicken sandwiches, lots of fruit, chips and a huge chocolate chip cookie ice cream sandwich, I went to the tennis match next to the soccer field and had some pizza and enjoyed some good tennis. In all, it was a good day for free food. Today is also 75 cent California Cheeseburger day at Sonic, so I'll see if I can't talk Mike or someone into going to pick some of those up for dinner. We've been enjoying those for the past month since we found out about the 75 cent Thursdays. They are big and filling, so 75 cents is a good investment for us.

All you folks back home I hear are excited for your package to arrive. Inside you'll find a duffel bag, a shoe bag, some small BYU hand towels and a larger, nicer BYU hand towel, several t-shirts, most of which are new (I think only 1 is used), a hoodie, a BYU insulated can holder dealio, 2 sets of BYU Basketball player cards, a bunch of white BYU pom poms (which were waved proudly during this record-breaking basketball season), 2 tins of mints and 1 tic-tac type of container of mints. There may be something I missed, but I think that is all of it. Let me just say that I sent these things home for ALL OF YOU to enjoy. I did the best I could when getting these to get smaller sizes so the girls could share them. Especially the hoodie. I like that hoodie a lot, but I know how much you guys like BYU gear too and it's not so easy or free for you to get it, so I got you a small to SHARE. By the way, Angela, the mints aren't the same type as the ones you love, but they taste SO good. SOOOO good. I think they're better than those ones from Simon.

I thought there was something else big to talk about, but I can't think of anything else. Send $$, that's always important. Always look before you cross the road, and if you don't do that, always look before you cross your mother. That's important too. Hmm, I guess I'm finished here.

Enjoy the song by Cher from her recent film Burlesque (which you should not watch).
0 Responses

    Followers