Holy Cow

Saw this on Facebook a minute ago and thought I'd share it (it's been chilly here lately)
INSTALLING SPRING...
███████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░ 44% DONE.
Installation failed. Please try again.
404 error: Season not found.
Season "Spring" cannot be located. The season you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable in Utah. Please try again.
 
Anyway...the past 2 days have been an utter nightmare. I packed up lots of stuff and was getting rid of things slowly over the past week. I thought today would be fine. I figured I'd finish packing and move out, go to graduation, then finish the cleaning check and be done. Well, the only thing that went to plan was graduation. I went and watched Phillip graduate today, then went straight home a minute or so after he walked across the stage and we hooted and hollered. I absolutely refuse to relive the nightmare of the rest of the day, but I will summarize it. Between former roommates, current roommates that just moved out, me, family, ex-girlfriends, friends and who knows who else, I acquired more stuff than I could ever need. I found that most of the big items I had were the things I had bought or brought home. All of the little things, which made up 90%  of the stuff I didn't need, came from other sources. As I emptied every nook and cranny today, I realized I had to just get rid of it all. So, I went on craigslist and placed an ad in the free stuff section that said I was putting tons of stuff out on the porch and if you wanted it you had 5 hours to come look through it all. I put out my tv stand, a microwave, clothes, toys, books, hangers, an old wireless G router, and tons more. Essentially anything I either would not need this summer or on my mission, or things that I had no room to take with me. we could have kept a few things, but I have no storage space anywhere, so in the end, I just gave it all away. There was no shortage of people who either saw the ad or saw the big "FREE" sign I put out with an arrow pointing to the massive rows of things. I actually feel good about it. One guy, a very pleasant man with an accent from somewhere in the middle east, even took all of my canned goods that would expire the end of this year and said he would take them down to the soup kitchen. Because I only had a limited bit of storage space which I can only really use temporarily, I only kept kitchen hardware. No food. I gave that guy the dry goods and I gave Evan and Phillip my eggs, milk, and frozen food (which was just popsicles, popcorn shrimp and some corn dogs I bought to get me through this week). I'm glad that so many people were able to come get some good quality stuff for free. 
The inside of my apartment was a disaster. I was supposed to do a cleaning check at 4 and be out of the apartment. At 4:20 when they came, we still had tons of stuff inside. They said they'd come back at 5. At 5, we were just taking out the last things. Thankfully, I live with the owner's son, Brandon, who is in Idaho until tomorrow and isn't doing his cleaning check till Monday when he switches apartments. So, they gave me till then. Mike, Annie, and Evan (a little) helped me clean as much as we could until about 6. The guy will check it out in the morning and call me to tell me what needs to be done to pass when they officially check it off on Monday. I think all I really need to do is wipe down the fridge, one cupboard and then do one window and possibly the kitchen floor. Whatever I don't do they will charge me for and take it from my deposit. To be honest, I plan on doing all I can Monday morning before leaving for the resort and then just letting them charge me if I can't finish. 
I know I made it seem like it wasn't too bad, but today was the absolute most stressful Friday of my life. Thankfully, tonight we went to a baseball game with Phillip and his mom (who is visiting for his graduation). His mom is so much fun. Phillip had duties to attend to during the game (this was his last time working ever for BYU), so I sat with his mom and we just talked the whole time. I would explain the game and then we'd talk about sports in New Zealand and food in Australia and other fun stuff. Some day, I plan on moving to New Zealand and living at Phil's place. I'm practically part of the family. 
I'm up at Grandma's now. We were going to get here at 5 and go out for steak, but we changed that plan long ago today. We ended up finally getting here at about 11 pm. As if we weren't stressed enough from today, traffic was at a standstill so we exited and took state street to Lehi then got on the freeway.
I'm going to enjoy 2 days of no stress before heading down to finish moving, pack up the car and go down to Zion. I'll certainly miss people up here, but I'll be up at least once this summer. 
And don't worry, I haven't forgotten my tribute to my apartment. I'll get it on here soon enough.
0 Responses

    Followers