Thanksgiving

Before things get a little busy with the holiday this week, I wanted to take some time to pause and share some things I am truly grateful for.

First, my family. Every single day something happens that makes me grateful for having such a large and fun family. I have been blessed beyond measure with my family. They have taught me, been examples to me, inspired me, and encouraged me to live a life of honesty, integrity, trustworthiness, passion, and so many important values, and those traits have led me to so many successes in my life. When I look at all the great things I have done, I know that I never would have accomplished so much without them. I absolutely love being around them, I can't wait to visit home again, and yes, mom, dad, Lance, Amelia (and Max and Lydia), Michael, Annie, Camilla, Angela, and even little dog Shilo, I love you all.

Second, my friends. I have lived in many areas, met many people, and seen many friends come and go. Although they may not be involved in my life now, they have been important to me throughout my life and during the times that each friend came into my life, they also have done so much to help me find joy and happiness and success. Some have helped me through hard times, some have added brightness to good times, but all are remembered and appreciated deeply.

Third,  my best friend in life, Miss Cami Bodily. I absolutely could not let this Thanksgiving pass without publicly expressing my sincere love, appreciation, and gratitude for this wonderful friend. I don't want to embarrass her too much, and I do not want to sound so boastful that I sound exaggerative, but words just seem to fall short of fully articulating how I feel. Thank you Cami. Thank you for always smiling and always making me smile. Thank you for listening to me, even when I talk about the dumbest things that are of no interest to anyone but me. Thank you for sharing so much in your life with me. Thank you for making my birthday so special. Thank you for my bleach trays and toothbrushes. Thank you for my prized presidential pooper. Thank you for trusting me, for respecting me, for understanding me. Thank you for being you. You are so beautiful. Heart-stopping. Stunning. You shine. You make everyone around you shine. My life has been forever changed for good because of you. It is such a privilege to see you that each time you come, I am as nervous as when I first met you. Thank you for all that you are.

I am grateful for so many other things in life, from electricity and technology to even the simplest of things. I do my best to be mindful of all that I have and look for times when I can give all that I can as well and each night I give thanks for these things. I hope that you all remain mindful throughout your lives of the things you have been so graciously granted in this life. May peace find you this Thanksgiving and keep you well.
0 Responses

    Followers