In Between Seasons

First things first, I am officially a first-time uncle!!! Over the weekend, on Saturday, my sister Amelia and her hubby Max brought little Lydia Elizabeth Warnock into the world. She was 6 pounds, 13 ounces and was 19 inches long.


A couple weeks ago, my apartment added a less adorable addition as well. We scored a decent pool table for $75. It came complete with billiard balls and a cue, so it was a very good buy. The only downside is that, if you remember, I spent a couple hours the other week cleaning my garage so I could park there for winter...well, the pool table now sits where my car would. Apparently my subconscious knew we would get a pool table...


We have now had two fairly good snowstorms that left a few inches of snow on the ground here. The latest that blew threw over the weekend has stuck around a bit more. Most of the snow in the valley is gone now, but I think the mountains will stay white from now till the spring thaw.



I realized today that we are in a bit of a boring phase. Halloween and the exciting fall colors are past, but Christmas is not yet in full swing. I decorated my house for winter though, which adds a little excitement and this Sunday is our 3rd Annual Pie Night and we expect over 30 people to descend on our humble little townhome to satisfy their sweet teeth.

Also today, I stumbled across a news article about people renting their cars out. I was intrigued and checked it out. Turns out, it is pretty cool! You basically just list your car for rental and they take care of the scheduling and money and everything. The car is fully insured by them, they do a little background check on renters, the renter covers gas, I can put limits on how far they can drive, and they even have 24/7 roadside assistance for the renter. No one in the valley here had their cars for rent, so I thought, what the heck, I'll be the first and maybe make a couple bucks some day. I'm going to try to promote it relentlessly and see if I can get the ball rolling. You should all check it out HERE. You can search Logan, Utah and find me! If you want to sign up to rent your vehicle, use this link (https://relayrides.com/?code=51450rMQduj) and I get credit for signing you up! Even if you don't sign up, it's a cool system you should read about.

As a bonus today, I think everyone should watch these two commercials from Duluth Trading. I linked them to Facebook as well if you want to share them!


 






Song of the Day is: "The Cello Song" by: The Piano Guys (Steven Sharp Nelson!!)
0 Responses

    Followers