My Greatest Fear

People ask all the time what I'm afraid of. I usually shrug my shoulders and tell them probably falling from a cliff. The height doesn't bother me, but the thought of what I would do in the air as I fell is a sobering and terrifying thought. However, that is not what my greatest fear is. My greatest fear is failure. Specifically, failure in making a difference in the lives of those around me.

 I have learned through my experiences that the things I do for myself bring me little joy. Yes, my home theater is fun, and yeah, it does make me happy, but if I do nothing but watch movies up there by myself, at the end of the day, I feel helplessly alone. I cannot bear the thought of not living my life for my friends and family. There is hardly a way to describe the despair and devastation I feel when I think I have failed in my goal in life. All I want is to make a positive difference, for there is where I find peace.

I have high expectations for myself and I try to live up to them. I think sometimes I try too hard to attain a goal that lies beyond my abilities. When I cannot fulfill it, I feel like I let not just myself down, but the one I was trying to help as well.


I shared this on my Facebook, but I wanted to share it here too. Hope ya know, I'm having a hard time. 





0 Responses

    Followers